MLB 2013 Season

Watching the Dodgers play KC on the Royal feed. I didn't realize the Royal announcers are ex-Angel announcers.

I was wondering what happened to Physioc and Hudler.

Sent from my Jailbroken iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

KC can have them. I am so glad they no longer call Angels' games.

The Twins will still suck this year...they did what a few other teams do.
Whine about a new stadium
Get a decent team on the field....fans show up
Get new stadium
Team does good for a year or two...fans come out in groves
Team starts getting rid of people and fans dont come out as much

pretty sad when we have a 3+ year old stadium and we cant sell out the home opener...there are still tickets available

Marlins are in the same boat. They are allegedly giving away Opening day tix in Miami!

Marlins are in the same boat. They are allegedly giving away Opening day tix in Miami!

Well....I do not know about that. But I Opening Day and maybe one or two of the intra-leagues series will be the only way to sell out. They are gonna average about 7k a game.....and MAYBE 12k on the weekends.

Unfortunately, the only way Loria leaves Miami... is being forced out by MLB under a new commissioner.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bud is afraid to slap Loria on the fingers fearing he might spill the beans on the Montreal situation.

Cheers, K

Unfortunately, the only way Loria leaves Miami... is being forced out by MLB under a new commissioner.

I wouldnt be surprised if Bud is afraid to slap Loria on the fingers fearing he might spill the beans on the Montreal situation.

Cheers, K

On your first point... or death. There is something in the deal that if he sells before some of the bonds have reached a certain point, he has to pay some kind of a fine.

On your second point, I have always wondered if Loria had naked pics of Bud.

Hey Salsa!
A new way for you to get Marlins tickets....GROUPON! I guess the BOGO deal wasnt good wnough

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ploy-sell-tickets-groupon-223644707--mlb.html

Remember a couple weeks back when the Miami Marlins turned to a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer to get fans in the stands for their April 8 home opener? Turns out that was just the start of "Operation Desperate to Sell Tickets."

Now, the Marlins have started selling tickets on coupon site Groupon, giving their "fans" the chance to get tickets for 52% off. But wait, there's more: Buy this deal and you still get the buy-one-get-one-free tickets for another home game in April or May. Act quick and the Marlins will also throw in a $10 merchandise voucher, perfect for buying that "I went to a Marlins game and didn't get traded to Toronto" T-shirt from the gift shop.

Hey Salsa!
A new way for you to get Marlins tickets....GROUPON! I guess the BOGO deal wasnt good wnough

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...ploy-sell-tickets-groupon-223644707--mlb.html

Remember a couple weeks back when the Miami Marlins turned to a buy-one-get-one-free ticket offer to get fans in the stands for their April 8 home opener? Turns out that was just the start of "Operation Desperate to Sell Tickets."

Now, the Marlins have started selling tickets on coupon site Groupon, giving their "fans" the chance to get tickets for 52% off. But wait, there's more: Buy this deal and you still get the buy-one-get-one-free tickets for another home game in April or May. Act quick and the Marlins will also throw in a $10 merchandise voucher, perfect for buying that "I went to a Marlins game and didn't get traded to Toronto" T-shirt from the gift shop.

Did I mention JUST how much I dislike Loria? What an underwear stain this guy is...

The Twins will still suck this year...they did what a few other teams do.
Whine about a new stadium
Get a decent team on the field....fans show up
Get new stadium
Team does good for a year or two...fans come out in groves
Team starts getting rid of people and fans dont come out as much

pretty sad when we have a 3+ year old stadium and we cant sell out the home opener...there are still tickets available

That is sad. I waited in the digital "line" for Tigers opening day tickets for an hour and a half before they were supposed to go on sale. About 15 minutes after the time they actually started selling them I got a pop up telling me that they were sold out and the only way to get them was too buy season tickets.

I had the same problem last year and we bought some second hand on stub hub. The tickets we got were pretty bad. they were in the 300 level with about $30 face value and we had to pay $85 a seat for them. It was a great time but I don't think I would pay over face value for anything but a playoff game in the future.

The point of all this is that opening day has been a huge deal in Detroit for as long as I can remember. It's just a big party with everyone tailgating all around the stadium. Thousands of people who aren't even going to the game come just for the party atmosphere and then watch in a bar downtown. Even when we had bad teams and poor ticket sales for the regular season I think opening day was always a big deal.

Did I mention JUST how much I dislike Loria? What an underwear stain this guy is...

I like this part of the article

We're still two weeks away from the Marlins home opener. By then who knows what they'll be offering to get fans through the gates. For $20 you'll probably be able to get season tickets, a $50 merchandise voucher, a year's supply of Sham-Wows and a Chia-Pet shaped like Jeffrey Loria

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)