MLB 2013 Season

even better line......the new slogan for the Marlins

To get a crowd on opening day, the Marlins ticket office is trying to lure fans with this offer: Buy a ticket to the team's April 8 home opener against the Atlanta Braves and get a free ticket to another game in April or May. This officially makes them the Payless Shoe Source of baseball.

That is sad. I waited in the digital "line" for Tigers opening day tickets for an hour and a half before they were supposed to go on sale. About 15 minutes after the time they actually started selling them I got a pop up telling me that they were sold out and the only way to get them was too buy season tickets.

I had the same problem last year and we bought some second hand on stub hub. The tickets we got were pretty bad. they were in the 300 level with about $30 face value and we had to pay $85 a seat for them. It was a great time but I don't think I would pay over face value for anything but a playoff game in the future.

The point of all this is that opening day has been a huge deal in Detroit for as long as I can remember. It's just a big party with everyone tailgating all around the stadium. Thousands of people who aren't even going to the game come just for the party atmosphere and then watch in a bar downtown. Even when we had bad teams and poor ticket sales for the regular season I think opening day was always a big deal.

Yup,
Opening day in Detroit has ALWAYS been a HUGE deal.

That is sad. I waited in the digital "line" for Tigers opening day tickets for an hour and a half before they were supposed to go on sale. About 15 minutes after the time they actually started selling them I got a pop up telling me that they were sold out and the only way to get them was too buy season tickets.

I can still get THREE tickets together down the 1st base line for Monday's home opener
Wednesday I can get tickets for $10 (and get 10 together too!)...upper deck down the lines
Twins have some tickets already at $8 on the 15th against the Angels

I had the same problem last year and we bought some second hand on stub hub. The tickets we got were pretty bad. they were in the 300 level with about $30 face value and we had to pay $85 a seat for them. It was a great time but I don't think I would pay over face value for anything but a playoff game in the future.

The point of all this is that opening day has been a huge deal in Detroit for as long as I can remember. It's just a big party with everyone tailgating all around the stadium. Thousands of people who aren't even going to the game come just for the party atmosphere and then watch in a bar downtown. Even when we had bad teams and poor ticket sales for the regular season I think opening day was always a big deal.

The Reds have to have a lottery system to sell their opening day tickets due to how many people want them. Other than that they have 1000 tickets that they sell at the ticket office 2 weeks before opening day which you have to stand in line all night to get.

Yup,
Opening day in Detroit has ALWAYS been a HUGE deal.

It is in Cincinnati too as you have probably heard. They start the day off with a parade, which this year will be the 94th annual parade.

It is in Cincinnati too as you have probably heard. They start the day off with a parade, which this year will be the 94th annual parade.

I've always enjoyed Cincy's tradition of having the first game ...

REALLY wish that MLB would get BACK to allowing that to happen.

Sadly he has gone downhill ever since the trade to the Mets ...
He was a hellofa pitcher with the Twins.

I think it stems from that no-hitter. He was coming back from the first surgery and was not fully healed. He should have been taken out in the 6th or 7th inning to save his shoulder.

I think it stems from that no-hitter. He was coming back from the first surgery and was not fully healed. He should have been taken out in the 6th or 7th inning to save his shoulder.

I remember that too, but he really hasn't been the pit5cher the Mets had hoped for ...

btw, didn't the Mets leave him it to throw like 120 pitches that game ?

edit:

He threw 134 pitches.

Let's not get too giddy about McCarver retiring, I just heard that Fox is considering Bobby Valentine to take his place. He's about the only person in the world that would be worse!

I remember that too, but he really hasn't been the pit5cher the Mets had hoped for ...

btw, didn't the Mets leave him it to throw like 120 pitches that game ?

edit:

He threw 134 pitches.

Yeah, that is way too many pitches for a guy with shoulder problems.

I already posted this in the AL Central thread but I'll put it here for those of you who don't care about the Central.

Verlander and the Tigers just agreed to an extension that can go up to $202 million and 8 years making him the highest paid pitcher in baseball. It's a lot of money but it's not my money so I don't care. I also don't care that this deal goes until he is 38. I'm just happy to have him in a Tigers jersey for the rest of his career.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9...s-agrees-deal-which-worth-202-million-sources

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)