MLB 2014-15 Hot Stove season

Is this the last year of Cespedes' contract? I ask because I went to the Red Sox forum & they are speculating there that Cespedes might be traded for pitching help,& his contract is the only reason I can come up with why they'd possibly do such a thing.
015 Contract Status: Signed thru 2015, 4 yrs/$36M (12-15)

HANLEY CAN HIT, BUT ODD FIT IN BOSTON
http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...boston-red-sox?partnerId=ed-8815629-658620023

If I were the Red Sox,I'd delay trading Bogaerts,due to Ramirez' history of injuries. I'd rather they hold on to Cespedes too,but if he's in the final year of his contract,I guess they should trade him for a pitcher(is Cole Hamels in the final year of his contract? That's the name that comes up as a pitcher the Red Sox are interested in).

HANLEY CAN HIT, BUT ODD FIT IN BOSTON
http://www.sportsonearth.com/articl...boston-red-sox?partnerId=ed-8815629-658620023

If I were the Red Sox,I'd delay trading Bogaerts,due to Ramirez' history of injuries. I'd rather they hold on to Cespedes too,but if he's in the final year of his contract,I guess they should trade him for a pitcher(is Cole Hamels in the final year of his contract? That's the name that comes up as a pitcher the Red Sox are interested in).
I was under the impression that Ramirez was gonna play elsewhere and Bogarts would stay where he's at.

Mets_45x32.png
fan here. I'm following the Winter Meetings to see if Sandy Alderson wheels and deals.

I'm only interested in 'em getting RH bat, more than getting a better SS or moving a pitcher.

Look for Alderson to deal Noah Syndergaard for a hitter way past his prime, in the same vein as Jason Bay, Curtis Granderson, and Michael Cuddyer . . .

:playball

Jon Lester signs with the Cubs, 6Y, $155M. The rest of the top FA pitchers should start moving shortly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for what you did For the Red Sox Jon. Good for you sucking out every cent you can, like every other baseball player typically does.

Good luck in Loserville.

Thanks for what you did For the Red Sox Jon. Good for you sucking out every cent you can, like every other baseball player typically does.

Good luck in Loserville.

I couldn't care less where he ended up. I know that if I was in his shoes I wouldn't go back to the team that traded me away though. If they were that concerned with him being part of the team they wouldn't have done that. Any loyalty he might have had for the Red Sox probably disappeared the day they told him they wanted to trade him.

Reactions: salsadancer7
I couldn't care less where he ended up. I know that if I was in his shoes I wouldn't go back to the team that traded me away though. If they were that concerned with him being part of the team they wouldn't have done that. Any loyalty he might have had for the Red Sox probably disappeared the day they told him they wanted to trade him.

They asked him before they traded him, than gave him a chance to pitch for a contender down the stretch.

Bottom line he took the most money, like most of us would. I wish they would just say it.

Last edited:
They asked him before they traded him, than gave him a chance to pitch for a contender down the stretch.

Bottom line he took the most money, like most of us would. I wish they would just say it.

But he hasn't said anything stating he was going to a contender did he? Also, I think they have a really good team they are building there in Chicago.

Most people do take the most money. If you are going to take less for a specific team it's because there is some loyalty there. Loyalty went out the window when they asked him to go play for another team.

Reds may listen to Aroldis offers; Miami an option?
http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/artic...s-for-pitcher-aroldis-chapman-miami-an-option

Reds general manager Walt Jocketty has made no secret of the fact that his club needs to move payroll to fill needs in left field, and possibly to sign the team's four starting pitchers to long-term contracts before they can become free agents after the 2015 season.

If the Red Sox are going to trade Cespedes(which I hope they don't),Chapman may be the pitcher they should go for. He can be a starter or reliever,maybe closer?

Jon Lester signs with the Cubs, 6Y, $155M. The rest of the top FA pitchers should start moving shortly....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could care less where he landed but glad it's over and now the rest of the pitchers can get it over.I think they have a really good team they are building there in Chicago and good luck to him!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)