MLB 2014-15 Hot Stove season

The Red Sox have traded OF Yoenis Cespedes to the Tigers for SP Rick Porcello

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've never been a big fan of Cespedes and with Scherzer likely gone it would have been nice to have Porcello.

Both will be FA after next season. Tigers also get reliever Alex Wilson and minor leaguer Gabe Speier in the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I've never been a big fan of Cespedes and with Scherzer likely gone it would have been nice to have Porcello.
Thats how I feel as well ...
Porcello finally is coming into his own and they send him away.

Tigers did pick up Alfredo Simon from the Reds, all I know about him is he's OLD, 33.
Made the AS team last year, not sure how, but none the less, he's in Detroit.
I highly doubt we'll see the 14 wins that Porcello typically gives us.

I do not think there has ever been a team as busy in one day of any winter meetings as the Dodgers were yesterday, and they are not even done.

10271558_10152440072006695_2730826662979819832_n.jpg

Looks like a he had a half of a good season and has had a few off the field issues
Does he have good numbers in his years in the Majors ?
I never heard of him till now.

I'm not real sure about several Dombrowski moves especially in the last few years ....

Stupid Auto fill .... need to figure out how to turn that off.

Does he have good numbers in his years in the Majors ?
I never heard of him till now.

I'm not real sure about several Dombrowski moves especially in the last few years ....

Stupid Auto fill .... need to figure out how to turn that off.

I am not impressed from what I have read

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/28699/alfredo-simon

From what I read he is more of a reliever, had a half of a good season, first half of last year, has an nick name of "Big Pasta"

Not sure what he will bring.....but things are slowly changing for the Tigers, as other teams in the division have upgraded as well

Ramy, what do we know about Simon ?
I don't follow much of the NL anymore ...
He really is just a guy that had a good half season in the first part of the year.
He was leading the NL in wins at the time and then went back to being his old self in the second half.
I don't think the Reds will miss him at all. He is a mediocre pitcher at best.

Reactions: satjay
Tigers should probably use Simon in the bullpen. He had a personal high in innings last year. He wasn't nearly as effective in the 2nd half but his last three or four start were similar to his first half starts. So he may be able to rebound in 2015.
Reds made a couple of nice trades that relieved them of some salary. Hopefully they will use that to get a LF. Still a gaping hole out there.

Tigers should probably use Simon in the bullpen. He had a personal high in innings last year. He wasn't nearly as effective in the 2nd half but his last three or four start were similar to his first half starts. So he may be able to rebound in 2015.
Reds made a couple of nice trades that relieved them of some salary. Hopefully they will use that to get a LF. Still a gaping hole out there.
I would love to see them get Melky Cabrera, but I doubt that will happen.

He really is just a guy that had a good half season in the first part of the year.
He was leading the NL in wins at the time and then went back to being his old self in the second half.
I don't think the Reds will miss him at all. He is a mediocre pitcher at best.
Thats kinda what i figured .... just a warm body ...
Tigers are going the wrong way ...
Sent Porcello away and Scherzer is probably leaving ... Verlander MAY be back to old self, but no way to really know.

From the sounds of it Ces will hit HRs but also strike out alot, on a positive, I like his Defense, thats a plus.

Dont like the Red Sox starters. I mean you have Bucholtz, Porcello, Miley and Masterson. That doesnt really scare you. I dont understand the Kemp trade. I mean you trade Matt Kemp and you literally get nothing for him. I mean he is Matt Kemp although I would be a little temid because isnt Kemp injury prone?

I think the A's are going to have a tough year. Losing Cespedes, Lester, Donaldson etc. Getting Billy Butler is fine but I dont think thats enough. I'm glad the Mets made some moves, John Mayberry Jr. Well thats a huge deal. I mean we are going to the playoffs now. I hope you guys notice the sarcasm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)