MLB 2015 Season

Maybe they'll unload their free agents & then stock up for next. Cespedes might be moved,but with Price,other teams might just wait until the free agent market opens up instead of trading for him to pitch the last two months of the season for then THEN lose him to free agency(I read or heard that logic somewhere).
Personally, if I were the Tigers I would NOT trade Price ... and then sign him for 3-4 years.
IF they trade him, they have NOTHING starting next year, so they wouldn't be adding to the rotation, they would be starting from scratch going into next year.

They have Sanchez as the only starter thats reliable if Price is moved.
Verlander may or may not become back to a number 2 next year at best, probably a 3 at worse.
I'd love to see JV bounce back once healthy, but at the moment you can't count on that.

As far as I'm concerned, Simon and Greene should be gone, or traded.

NOW if the Dodgers move Puig to the Tigers for Price....
I'd have to think about that trade, but I still would want to keep Price.

Of course Price might actually want to leave, after seeing how many games he's lost or got a ND over when giving up 2 or less runs.
The offense this year has been a major disappointment.

I'd have to think about that trade, but I still would want to keep Price.

Of course Price might actually want to leave, after seeing how many games he's lost or got a ND over when giving up 2 or less runs.
The offense this year has been a major disappointment.
I'll give you Cespedes and Green or Simon for Puig.

The Price deal is official and I'm okay with it. We weren't going to make the playoffs this year and just like Scherzer I don't think we were going to be the high bidder on Price.

In return for 2 more months of Price we got supposedly the #3 left handed pitching prospect in baseball and 2 other pitching prospects.

Now it's time to move the rest of the guys who will be free agents next year unless you are positive you can resign them. That means Soria, Alfredo Simon, Avila, and Cespedes. No point in letting them go 2 months from now when you are going to get nothing back.

Personally, if I were the Tigers I would NOT trade Price ... and then sign him for 3-4 years.
IF they trade him, they have NOTHING starting next year, so they wouldn't be adding to the rotation, they would be starting from scratch going into next year.

They have Sanchez as the only starter thats reliable if Price is moved.
Verlander may or may not become back to a number 2 next year at best, probably a 3 at worse.
I'd love to see JV bounce back once healthy, but at the moment you can't count on that.

As far as I'm concerned, Simon and Greene should be gone, or traded.

The problem is you aren't going to get him to sign a 3 year deal. He's good enough to demand a long term contract just like Verlander and Scherzer did. I'd love to get Price on a 3 year deal but someone else will offer more than that and he would have been gone anyways. Only difference is that this way we got someone who will be in our starting rotation for the next several years and 2 other pitching prospects who may or may not pan out.

The problem is you aren't going to get him to sign a 3 year deal. He's good enough to demand a long term contract just like Verlander and Scherzer did. I'd love to get Price on a 3 year deal but someone else will offer more than that and he would have been gone anyways. Only difference is that this way we got someone who will be in our starting rotation for the next several years and 2 other pitching prospects who may or may not pan out.
We got someone that currently is NOBODY ... you trade a guy like Price, you damn sure better get a top notch Starter in return, they did not.
Norris was 3-10 in the MINORS this year, THAT doesn't sound like a top end pitcher to me.

Now they are talking about trading Soria next.
Do they REALLY think Rondon is good enough to pitch the ninth next year .... I don't, he can barely pitch the innings he has this year without walking every other hitter.

They have essentially given up.

We got someone that currently is NOBODY ... you trade a guy like Price, you damn sure better get a top notch Starter in return, they did not.
Norris was 3-10 in the MINORS this year, THAT doesn't sound like a top end pitcher to me.

Now they are talking about trading Soria next.
Do they REALLY think Rondon is good enough to pitch the ninth next year .... I don't, he can barely pitch the innings he has this year without walking every other hitter.

They have essentially given up.

The feeling was that Price was gone either way. You can't look at it as trading Price for Norris. Obviously Price is the better pitcher. What they did was trade the last 2 months of a season they felt was over of Price for a guy who is still on his rookie contract and will be under their control for years.

That's how these kinds of trades work. You aren't going to get equal talent for Price when it's basically a 2 month rental. When teams are selling they trade guys that are gone anyways for prospects to rebuild with. That is exactly what Dombrowski did.

Soria GONE ... Tigers now have NO CLOSER on the team and No one that has a SAVE on the roster ...
Can't wait for next year when the give Nathan a big contract ... :mad: .

Good possibility that Dombrowski is gone as well, great idea to have a guy thats probably gone to dismantle your team for you, I would hate to be the next GM that has to pick up the pieces.

I feel bad for the Quality players they do have left that have to put up with replacement players the rest of the way.
Cabrera, Martinez and Martinez, Iggy ...

Soria GONE ... Tigers now have NO CLOSER on the team and No one that has a SAVE on the roster ...

Good possibility that Dombrowski is gone as well, great idea to have a guy thats probably gone to dismantle your team for you, I would hate to be the next GM that has to pick up the pieces.

It's not like they blew up the entire team. They still have a lot of quality players on the roster. Pick up a couple solid pitchers during the offseason and they are contenders again next year.

What Dombrowski did was cash in to get some solid prospects for guys who were going to be gone next year anyways. He realized this season was a lost cause so he took steps to make us better for future years with young guys still on their rookie contracts.

At the same time we still have guys like Miggy, JD, Victor, and Iglesias to build around. There is always a chance they will sign Cespedes too since he hasn't been traded yet.

It's not like they blew up the entire team. They still have a lot of quality players on the roster. Pick up a couple solid pitchers during the offseason and they are contenders again next year.

What Dombrowski did was cash in to get some solid prospects for guys who were going to be gone next year anyways. He realized this season was a lost cause so he took steps to make us better for future years with young guys still on their rookie contracts.

At the same time we still have guys like Miggy, JD, Victor, and Iglesias to build around. There is always a chance they will sign Cespedes too since he hasn't been traded yet.
The way Ces is hitting of late, I don't see him suiting up for tomorrows game.

Good trade for the Pirates.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Leake is now gone. That happened after I went to be last night.

Leake is now gone. That happened after I went to be last night.
I was hoping the Tigers would pick up Leake until .... the fire sale started.
Then I knew GETTING anyone was not gonna happen.

NOW, I guess you could say the pressure is Off the Tigers, they will possibly play better the rest of the way...maybe.

Cespedes gone to the Mets. I'm amazed at the players that the Blue Jays picked up,they better make the play-offs.
MLB trade deadline: Winners & losers
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-trade-deadline--the-winners-and-losers-235554249.html

Maybe I'll stay with the Dodgers this season. How about a Dodgers-Yankees World Series(second choice,Cardinals-Royals World Series)?
I'd rather see the Astros, Royals or Blue Jays over the Yankees or Cards and Giants.

Cards are always there of late, along with the Giants every other year.
Yankees feel they belong to the playoffs, if they don't make it, no one else can. The sickening better than though attitude.

I'd rather see the Astros, Royals or Blue Jays over the Yankees or Cards and Giants.

Yankees feel they belong to the playoffs, if they don't make it, no one else can. The sickening better than though attitude.

I'm pulling for the Astros from here on out. Like the Royals, they were terrible for a long time so it's nice to see them do well.

You mentioned all AL teams. I'd like to see the Nationals in the NL,& seriously,the Dodgers haven't been in the World Series in quite a while. You also have the Mets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)