MLB 2021 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I too am patiently awaiting this.

The Sox also activated top pitching prospect Tanner Houck. With 18 games in 18 days, the Sox were going to go with a 6 man rotation over the next 3 weeks. Houck was scheduled to start next Wednesday against the Blue Jays. With this series against the Yankees currently up in the air, the Sox may need to temporarily scrap this plan. They’re also hoping that Chris Sale is ready to come back in about 4 weeks.

The Sox also activated top pitching prospect Tanner Houck. With 18 games in 18 days, the Sox were going to go with a 6 man rotation over the next 3 weeks. Houck was scheduled to start next Wednesday against the Blue Jays. With this series against the Yankees currently up in the air, the Sox may need to temporarily scrap this plan. They’re also hoping that Chris Sale is ready to come back in about 4 weeks.
I think I heard Sale pitched a game today (lower levels of course) and looked good.
This is like having a Pitcher come to you at the trade deadline without having to give anything up !

I was hoping the Astros would get Verlander back from TJ as well, but I haven't heard anything all year about him, other than him saying not till next year (early on in the season) ... he will be a FA at years end.

Sounds like Houck will Start on Wednesday.

Yep. He threw about 50 pitches tonight and will have his full complement of 4 days rest. It’s a win-win for the Red Sox because they basically got another days rest for all of their high leverage bullpen arms (Sawamura only pitched 1/3 of an inning tonight). The bullpen really needed this rest.

Reactions: Jimbo
Incredible when you consider the Yankees were the overwhelming favorites to win the AL pennant, and the Red Sox were a consensus 4th place team in the AL East.

Attachments

• IMG_5498.JPG
    IMG_5498.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Jimbo
After 7 straight wins against the yankees, the Red Sox played the weekend poorly.

Sox clearly need to make some moves at the Trade deadline.

I’m holding out hope for Anthony Rizzo. He’s an impending free agent, so I think you can get him for 75 cents on the dollar. More importantly, there shouldn’t be a bidding war for his services, as the Red Sox are the only contender where 1B is a need.

I’m holding out hope for Anthony Rizzo. He’s an impending free agent, so I think you can get him for 75 cents on the dollar. More importantly, there shouldn’t be a bidding war for his services, as the Red Sox are the only contender where 1B is a need.
I've also heard Rizzo's name .... That would be huge improvement ... he would be a FA afterwards, would the Sox resign him, he'd be looking for that last big contract more than likely ... He's 31 now.

I've also heard Rizzo's name .... That would be huge improvement ... he would be a FA afterwards, would the Sox resign him, he'd be looking for that last big contract more than likely ... He's 31 now.

Huge improvement is an understatement. The Sox have been running out Bobby Dalbec, Marwin Gonzalez, Danny Santana and Michael Chavis at 1B all season and it’s been ugly!! They tried Christian Arroyo (who’s been very productive) there the other night, and he gets hurt his first game there. They also have been working Franchy Cordero there in the minor leagues. I think it’s clear they need a professional 1B (I miss you, Mitch Moreland), and Rizzo would more than fill the bill. Rizzo was originally drafted by the Red Sox.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Huge improvement is an understatement. The Sox have been running out Bobby Dalbec, Marwin Gonzalez, Danny Santana and Michael Chavis at 1B all season and it’s been ugly!! They tried Christian Arroyo (who’s been very productive) there the other night, and he gets hurt his first game there. They also have been working Franchy Cordero there in the minor leagues. I think it’s clear they need a professional 1B (I miss you, Mitch Moreland), and Rizzo would more than fill the bill. Rizzo was originally drafted by the Red Sox.

I was shocked when they lost Moreland ...

Reactions: BillD1984
I think the yankees actually had a REALLY good weekend pitching ....
Reds Sox are taking it out on Toronto at the moment.
Duran is also getting off to a good Red Sox start.

I was shocked when they lost Moreland ...

Love Mitchy Two Bags!! Very underrated part of the 2018 World Champion Red Sox team. When he returned to Fenway with the A’s earlier this season, he got a much deserved standing ovation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)