MLB 2021 Season

Watching the Red Sox game on FOX, and it’s strange to hear Don Orsillo’s voice calling a Sox game.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I've been bouncing between the Red Sox game and the Astros game.

Tough loss for the Sox last night. The bullpen was depleted by the 12th inning. Barnes and Whitlock were unavailable, and Sawamura, Taylor, Hernandez, Ottavino and Workman were already used. That left Andriese to pitch the 12th and he’s horrible. Couldn’t even protect a 2 run lead.

Tough loss for the Sox last night. The bullpen was depleted by the 12th inning. Barnes and Whitlock were unavailable, and Sawamura, Taylor, Hernandez, Ottavino and Workman were already used. That left Andriese to pitch the 12th and he’s horrible. Couldn’t even protect a 2 run lead.
Yup, between Andriese imploding and them running themselves out of 1 extra inning inning.

I absolutely Hate the "Start an inning with a guy on 2nd base" rule ... thats not baseball.

Much like hockey with thier... Lets have a Shoot Out .... to determine OT.

All these sports that CHANGE the rules for OT.

At least Football doesn't start you at the 2 yard line .... YET.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
On a more positive note, Nick Pavetta is Dealing today.
Not much offense today .... Sox resting some key guys today ...
Never understood that when your playing the team closest to you in the standings, then again, they lead them by 3.5 games and theres LOT of season left.

On a more positive note, Nick Pavetta is Dealing today.
Not much offense today .... Sox resting some key guys today ...
Never understood that when your playing the team closest to you in the standings, then again, they lead them by 3.5 games and theres LOT of season left.

Yep, they pulled it out today thanks to Pivetta. Anytime you have Gonzalez-Santana-Dalbec-Chavis as your 6-9 hitters and you win, you should buy a lottery ticket!!

Reactions: Jimbo
IMG_5351.JPG

Maybe wishful thinking, but this team reminds me more and more of the 2013 team.

Red Sox are a Pleasant surprise to me this year and has been fun to watch, coming into the year I expected a middle of the division team.

Phillies place 4 players on the COVID list, including today’s scheduled starter against the Red Sox, Aaron Nola.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

• Wow
I was afraid they would never go back to 9 inning doubleheaders. But I would MUCH rather them trash the stupid putting a man on second base to start an extra inning!!

I don't have an issue so much with the 7 inning DH as I do with the automatically putting a runner in scoring position to start the inning in OT.

I wonder what the standings would look like if that rule was not in place .....
When a Team has NOTHING going for innings, they probably hope to get to OT so they have a runner on base (2b) and in scoring position.

I see those with Directv and 4k capabilities, can watch the MLB All Star game in 4k ...
The Home Run derby will also be on in 4k.

Correction, HR derby doesn't look like its in 4k now.

Last edited:
What a finish for the Astros and Yankees yesterday ...
Astros trailed 7-2 going into the ninth.
Astros won 8-7

Second HUGE lead the Yankees have blown in the 9th inning in a couple of weeks. Crazy when you consider that they were the consensus for best bullpen in baseball.

The unofficial halfway point is here, and it will be interesting to see how much the standings change (if at all) at the end of the regular season.

If season ended today

AL Wild Card- (5) A’s at (4) Rays

AL First Round- A’s/Rays vs. (1) White Sox*
and (3) Red Sox* vs. (2) Astros*
*-White Sox, Astros and Red Sox are all separated by pct. points

NL Wild Card- (5) Padres at (4) Dodgers

NL First Round- Padres/Dodgers at (1) Giants
and (3) Mets at (2) Brewers

The unofficial halfway point is here, and it will be interesting to see how much the standings change (if at all) at the end of the regular season.

If season ended today

AL Wild Card- (5) A’s at (4) Rays

AL First Round- A’s/Rays vs. (1) White Sox*
and (3) Red Sox* vs. (2) Astros*
*-White Sox, Astros and Red Sox are all separated by pct. points

NL Wild Card- (5) Padres at (4) Dodgers

NL First Round- Padres/Dodgers at (1) Giants
and (3) Mets at (2) Brewers
I hope something changes, i really don't want the Red Sox and the Astros in the first round

Reactions: BillD1984

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts