MLB 2021 Season

Bill,
I'm hearing that Chris Sale will be pitching off a mound soon ...
Does that mean he's only a month or so away ?
Probably 2 months at least. He won't be throwing hard for a while. Plus a few weeks in the minors to build up strength.

He throws so hard. That’s the issue.
So does a lot of others ....
Verlander still going strong at 38 (37 actually last time he pitched)
He went down with Tommy John, hopefully is back later this year, he might be a new man.
Btw, this is the 1st major injury for him in his career ...

I'm expecting very good things from Justin in the future.

JV would start out in the mid 90's early on during a game and be around 100 by the 8th and 9th innings.

Btw, I really wish they would let these "True" Pitchers, throw complete games instead of a pre determined ... we have to have the last 2 or 3 innings for our relivers or they will get pissy.
There are a good number of pitchers out there that would be pitching into the 8th or 9th innings regularly if the team/managers would let them ...

So does a lot of others ....
Verlander still going strong at 38 (37 actually last time he pitched)
He went down with Tommy John, hopefully is back later this year, he might be a new man.
Btw, this is the 1st major injury for him in his career ...

I'm expecting very good things from Justin in the future.

JV would start out in the mid 90's early on during a game and be around 100 by the 8th and 9th innings.

Btw, I really wish they would let these "True" Pitchers, throw complete games instead of a pre determined ... we have to have the last 2 or 3 innings for our relivers or they will get pissy.
There are a good number of pitchers out there that would be pitching into the 8th or 9th innings regularly if the team/managers would let them ...
The days of complete games are over. If a pitcher goes more than 6 it’s a rarity.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The days of complete games are over. If a pitcher goes more than 6 it’s a rarity.
But why is that ?
They don't usually Allow them to go more than 6 now days.

I fell out of my chair last year in the Playoffs when TB pulled a cruising along Blake Snell in the 6th of a Must Win game.

But why is that ?
They don't usually Allow them to go more than 6 now days.

I fell out of my chair last year in the Playoffs when TB pulled a cruising along Blake Snell in the 6th of a Must Win game.
TB occasionally starts a reliever. I wouldn't use them as a guide on how to traditionally handle pitchers.

TB occasionally starts a reliever. I wouldn't use them as a guide on how to traditionally handle pitchers.
I don't think they did that when thier Top Pitchers were pitching ... (I didn't watch them closely enough to know for sure though ... maybe that was why Snell and Morton wanted OUT ) You'd have thought that the would have wanted to keep them being they are very good pitchers.

How about that No-hitter by Wade Miley for the Reds?
How about that. I was worried when he came out for the 9th inning because he had been sitting in the dugout for a long time.
Tucker Barnhart No Hitter GIF by Cincinnati Reds

Detroit Tigers pitcher Spencer Turnbull throws a No Hitter and it's article #8 on ESPN today.

Something THAT amazing by a Tigers pitcher should be being talked about ...

This is the 5th No No of the year already, are people tuning out because its becoming common ?

Reactions: Joe h and satjay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts