MLB 2022 Season

Don’t feel bad, I was thinking the same thing last night. I think the rainout and the stupid ALDS schedule screwed us up.
Hopefully JV doesn't get too much rest this week ...
Looking for a Normal Excellent outing for him come Tuesday.

Is that right, The yankees Indians series is playing game 4 tonight, meaning that IF the series doesn't get wrapped up tonight ,they play again on Monday and have ZERO days off before they start the next series ?

Hopefully JV doesn't get too much rest this week ...
Looking for a Normal Excellent outing for him come Tuesday.

Is that right, The yankees Indians series is playing game 4 tonight, meaning that IF the series doesn't get wrapped up tonight ,they play again on Monday and have ZERO days off before they start the next series ?

Yes, it’s been like for years now. I remember when the Red Sox and the A’s played in an ALDS back in 2003. They played game 4 at Fenway on a Sunday and then had to fly 3,000 to play game 5 in Oakland on Monday. MLB lucked out this year with the relative close proximity between the teams in all 4 series (especially Padres-Dodgers).

Yes, it’s been like for years now. I remember when the Red Sox and the A’s played in an ALDS back in 2003. They played game 4 at Fenway on a Sunday and then had to fly 3,000 to play game 5 in Oakland on Monday. MLB lucked out this year with the relative close proximity between the teams in all 4 series (especially Padres-Dodgers).
Thats just WRONG ...

It is, but they’re trying to squeeze the postseason in before it gets too cold. What baffled me (and almost everyone I’ve spoken to) this year was the off day in between games 1 and 2 in both ALDS series.
Yes, I couldn't believe the SCHEDULED an Off Day after Game 1.
What, are they just too TIRED to play the next day ? :eeek

Guardians are gonna need another 9th inning rally, or otherwise it’s a winner take all Game 5 tomorrow night.

1 off day scheduled for the NLCS. Coast to coast travel between games 5 and 6 on Sunday and Monday. At least they're flying east to west I guess.

"Winner takes all", where "all" is being a bit exaggerated. Bullpen game, not quite as bad as it sounds?
article said:
Because of the unusual postseason schedule this year as well as the Game 2 rainout, Game 5 will be the fourth game in four days for these two teams. Teams play four straight days all regular season long, but rarely in the postseason, when built-in off-days allow them to lean on their top relievers because they know rest is coming. This series will stress test each team's pitching depth.

Game 1 starters Gerrit Cole and Cal Quantrill were able to pitch Game 4 on normal rest because of the ALDS schedule. Game 2 starters Nestor Cortes and Shane Bieber will be on only two days' rest in Game 5, however. Three days' rest? Sure. That happens all the time. A full start on two days' rest just isn't a thing that happens these days, so each clubs will turn to their No. 4 starters.
But they are both starting pitchers that haven't started in this series.
article said:
Taillon and Civale were announced as the Game 5 starters prior to Game 4. Taillon has already pitched once this series, allowing all three batters he faced to reach base while taking the loss in the 10th inning of Game 2. That was his first career relief appearance. Civale has not yet pitched this series and he hasn't pitched at all since Oct. 5. He'll be coming off a very long layoff.
The game will come down to the team that wins the most.

Reactions: AZ.
I wonder if they even play tonight. Weather is not looking great.
Rain looks likely, but only 0.11 inches, so not expected to last too long. Luckily the temps won't be too bad. Dropping into the upper 30s / lowers 40s in NE Ohio tonight.

Rain looks likely, but only 0.11 inches, so not expected to last too long. Luckily the temps won't be too bad. Dropping into the upper 30s / lowers 40s in NE Ohio tonight.

Agreed, but you’d hate to see a situation where this game has to start and stop. If and when they start this game they need to know they can get an uninterrupted 9 innings (or more) in.

Agreed, but you’d hate to see a situation where this game has to start and stop. If and when they start this game they need to know they can get an uninterrupted 9 innings (or more) in.
I'm fine with any path that results in a Guardians victory. If that requires an unprecedented 12 hour rain delay, so be it. BUT ONLY if the Guardians win. Otherwise it was a complete conspiracy for TV ratings to get the Yankees into the ALCS! ;)

The ALCS starts Wednesday. If they can't play tonight they play tomorrow and no off day. My bet is they start at 10 pm.
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 5.33.16 PM.png

are NHL games on TNT supposed to be blacked out?

What, no ICC T20 World Cup thread? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts