MLB 2022 Season

Guardians vs. Yankees game ppd. Game 2 will now be played tomorrow at 1:00ET. Now there will be potentially 4 games in 4 days with the series going back and forth from NY to Cleveland 3 times. Ordinarily I would say this is a big break for Cleveland since they have a deeper pitching staff, but if their bats continue to be silent that’s a moot point.
Playing baseball in October can always be a bit problematic in the NE. Not as bad as in April mind you, but October can be tricky. This year, could be the trickiest. Getting some really cool air popping in.

Guardians v Yanks
Game 2 (NYC) Fri. Soonish
65 degrees, scattered clouds

Game 3 (Cleve) Sat. 7:37 PM (what idiot schedules night games in Cleveland in October?!)
Upper 40s, clear

Game 4 (Cleve) Sun. 7:07 PM
Lower 50s, chance of rain (might snow Sunday night, but probably just very cold rain on the lakeshore)

Game 5 (NYC) Mon. 7:37 PM
Mid 50s, gonna rain

Game 5 (NYC) Tues, ???
50 degrees, windy

The cool air isn't supposed to be as bad in NYC, but this is sticking in NE Ohio for a while. So, Houston is probably hoping Cleveland doesn't win the series.

Reactions: BillD1984
Playing baseball in October can always be a bit problematic in the NE. Not as bad as in April mind you, but October can be tricky. This year, could be the trickiest. Getting some really cool air popping in.

Guardians v Yanks

Game 3 (Cleve) Sat. 7:37 PM (what idiot schedules night games in Cleveland in October?!)
Upper 40s, clear

Lower 50s, chance of rain (might snow Sunday night, but probably just very cold rain on the lakeshore)

Mid 50s, gonna rain

Game 5 (NYC) Tues, ???
50 degrees, windy

The cool air isn't supposed to be as bad in NYC, but this is sticking in NE Ohio for a while. So, Houston is probably hoping Cleveland doesn't win the series.

I agree, October baseball over April baseball is the lesser of two evils. And snow, already? I’m assuming that’s lake effect?

Guardians vs. Yankees game ppd. Game 2 will now be played tomorrow at 1:00ET. Now there will be potentially 4 games in 4 days with the series going back and forth from NY to Cleveland 3 times. Ordinarily I would say this is a big break for Cleveland since they have a deeper pitching staff, but if their bats continue to be silent that’s a moot point.
MLB did this to themselves with their stupid scheduling. They should have played Wednesday.

Guardians v Yanks

Upper 40s, clear

Mid 50s, gonna rain

Game 5 (NYC) Tues, ???
50 degrees, windy

what idiot schedules night games in Cleveland in October?
===========================================================================================
You KNOW, its all about them playing the yankees who HAVE to play the Night game every year.

Meanwhile, the better team in thier playoffs play afternoon game ... where night games would be better suited to the climate ...
Houston record was better (way better actually) than the yankees and playing the evening games in the still warm at night city of Houston .... nah .... are there actually yankee fans that watch this ?
I understand, if the Astros end up playing the yankees, THEN they will get the better time slot, but thats only because its the yankees.

It's no wonder people hate the yankees.

Reactions: AZ. and Yespage
MLB did this to themselves with their stupid scheduling. They should have played Wednesday.

If you look all the way to the World Series, this years postseason schedule is a joke. But this round is especially bad. The reason they gave for starting all 4 series on the same day is they said it would be a competitive disadvantage for the 2 series not starting that day. WTF does the two NL series have to do with the two AL series??!! It’s a complete joke the way they scheduled the two ALDS series with off days after Game 1.

Reactions: peterjohn and Jimbo
what idiot schedules night games in Cleveland in October?
===========================================================================================
You KNOW, its all about them playing the yankees who HAVE to play the Night game every year.

Meanwhile, the better team in thier playoffs play afternoon game ... where night games would be better suited to the climate ...
Houston record was better (way better actually) than the yankees and playing the evening games in the still warm at night city of Houston .... nah .... are there actually yankee fans that watch this ?
I understand, if the Astros end up playing the yankees, THEN they will get the better time slot, but thats only because its the yankees.

It's no wonder people hate the yankees.

Far be it from me for defending the Yankees, but here I go. The team(s) that draw the best ratings will ALWAYS get the prime time slots. If you were a network executive or league executive and didn’t schedule the team that’s going to draw the most eyeballs ($$$$$) you wouldn’t be doing your job. Every year I hear people complain about how many times the networks show Red Sox-Yankees games. Do you honestly think the networks would keep showing their games if they were duds in the ratings? Same thing goes for the Cowboys in the NFL. We don’t have to like it, but that’s the reality.

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
If you look all the way to the World Series, this years postseason schedule is a joke. But this round is especially bad. The reason they gave for starting all 4 series on the same day is they said it would be a competitive disadvantage for the 2 series not starting that day. WTF does the two NL series have to do with the two AL series??!! It’s a complete joke the way they scheduled the two ALDS series with off days after Game 1.
I agree ...

Far be it from me for defending the Yankees, but here I go. The team(s) that draw the best ratings will ALWAYS get the prime time slots. If you were a network executive or league executive and didn’t schedule the team that’s going to draw the most eyeballs ($$$$$) you wouldn’t be doing your job. Every year I hear people complain about how many times the networks show Red Sox-Yankees games. Do you honestly think the networks would keep showing their games if they were duds in the ratings? Same thing goes for the Cowboys in the NFL. We don’t have to like it, but that’s the reality.
I think it goes down to the other 48 states who watch baseball also. Its one thing to be on alot, but of the actual broadcasts how many are Yankee vs BoSox games? 50% of the time?

I think it goes down to the other 48 states who watch baseball also. Its one thing to be on alot, but of the actual broadcasts how many are Yankee vs BoSox games? 50% of the time?

Again, we don’t have to like it, but it is what it is. I don’t like how the Cowboys are shoved down our throats every Sunday-even when they’re 6-10-but I understand that’s what the ratings dictate. Obviously baseball ratings are on a much smaller scale than the NFL, but it’s still relative. Yankees-Red Sox in general and Yankees games in particular get better ratings than the average MLB ratings, and that’s why a lot of their games are in prime time.

Again, we don’t have to like it, but it is what it is. I don’t like how the Cowboys are shoved down our throats every Sunday-even when they’re 6-10-but I understand that’s what the ratings dictate. Obviously baseball ratings are on a much smaller scale than the NFL, but it’s still relative. Yankees-Red Sox in general and Yankees games in particular get better ratings than the average MLB ratings, and that’s why a lot of their games are in prime time.
And I get Green bay shoved down my throat in Arizona....And I dont think Dallas or GB are a big market team? Some is ratings and some is pushing teams on people for what ever reason....Just like the Yankees....You can have a above average Yankee and they have them in the Hall of Fame after 7 years....It more like nepotism than ratings.

And I get Green bay shoved down my throat in Arizona....And I dont think Dallas or GB are a big market team? Some is ratings and some is pushing teams on people for what ever reason....Just like the Yankees....You can have a above average Yankee and they have them in the Hall of Fame after 7 years....It more like nepotism than ratings.

I think the NFL is more about brand power than geographical location, otherwise a team like the Packers would never do well in the ratings. A good example of this would be the Washington football team. They were once one of the biggest brands in North American sports. Now they’re just another franchise (thanks to massively poor mismanagement). The Yankees are also a very big brand, but IMO baseball needs that geographic boost much more than the NFL does.

Both the Phillies and Padres can advance to the NLCS with wins. Before the playoffs started, what kind of odds would you get that NONE of the Dodgers, Braves, Mets or Cardinals reached the NLCS??

In the AL, the Astros go for the sweep in a series that’s MUCH closer than that, and the Guardians and Yankees play a pivotal game 3 with the series tied 1-1.

It’s gonna be a GREAT day of baseball!!

IMG_1263.JPG

Reactions: Ziptied and Foxbat
Ironic that both the Braves and Mets won 101 games and battled to the end in the NL East, but it’s the Phillies that’s advancing to the NLCS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)