MLB 2022 Season

Just to be clear this wasn’t the Yankees call. MLB takes over jurisdiction for all postseason games. That said, they are getting absolutely torched on social media. On the one hand, I get it, if I was there and dropped $60 on parking and a couple hundred on concessions all while sitting in the rain, I’d be pissed off too. OTOH, update what? That it’s still raining? DUH!!

It sucks for everyone all the way around, but at the end of the day it’s just an unfortunate circumstance. (Easy for me to say, because I’d be pissed too if I was there)

View: https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1582184243597570048?s=61&t=aW5gDRHILDYD-GufnROlQg

Just to be clear this wasn’t the Yankees call. MLB takes over jurisdiction for all postseason games. That said, they are getting absolutely torched on social media. On the one hand, I get it, if I was there and dropped $60 on parking and a couple hundred on concessions all while sitting in the rain, I’d be pissed off too. OTOH, update what? That it’s still raining? DUH!!

It sucks for everyone all the way around, but at the end of the day it’s just an unfortunate circumstance. (Easy for me to say, because I’d be pissed too if I was there)

View: https://twitter.com/lindseyadler/status/1582184243597570048?s=61&t=aW5gDRHILDYD-GufnROlQg

They knew the weather would be bad all night. Don't wait until 10 pm to call the game.

I’m confused. Has the rain stopped, or is it still raining? If it’s the former, MLB deserves to get crucified. If it’s the latter, from every report I saw the rain was going to stop around 9:30-10:00, MLB tried to get the game in but the weather didn’t cooperate.

That's why I don't know what MLB was thinking. Wait until the rain ends and call the game. Why waste everyones time for 3 hours.
I think because calling it at 9:00 is a less worse decision than at 10:00. The only good thing about this was it impacted NY Yankee fans. Dem Bums!

Phillies vs. Padres NLCS game 1 about to start on FS1. I expect a very competitive series. Padres in 7

Look out ... The Phillies are the Cindarella team this year.

They are, but I look at both teams as Cinderella stories. The Wildcard Phillies knocked off a 93 win Cardinals team, and then a 101 win Braves team. The Wildcard Padres knocked off a 101 win Mets team, and then a 111 win Dodgers team.

Reactions: Jimbo
Meanwhile Justin Verlander is back to the JV we know ....
6 innings, 11 K's, 1 run (Could have went out for the 7th, he was Dominating in the last 3 innings he pitched)
Had a rough first few innings, they ran up his pitch count, 3rd inning came around and he was Dominate from there on.

Set a Playoff record with 5 or 6 K's in a row (don't remember which it was) however, that record tied HIS OWN Record for consecutive K's.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, JV rarely has 2 bad outings in a row.

Reactions: Foxbat

are NHL games on TNT supposed to be blacked out?

What, no ICC T20 World Cup thread? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts