MLB 2022 Season

A little surprised that the NL is adopting the DH this season. Just thought they would give the teams a little grace period for roster construction.
I love the idea of having DH in the National League. To me it gives any players who fielding is getting bad and if they still have good hitting and doesn't want to retire this would gives them a few more years to play.

I absolutely hate, hate, HATE that MLB has done away with the 1 game Wildcard playoff. IMO, it was the one change that MLB got right.....now they’ve taken it away.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys
I agree with you. I prefer that MLB should have kept the 3 game wildcard playoff series. It would have been a better series.

I love the idea of having DH in the National League. To me it gives any players who fielding is getting bad and if they still have good hitting and doesn't want to retire this would gives them a few more years to play.

I agree, and I’m happy now that it’s uniform rules for everybody. I was just surprised they didn’t give a grace period so NL teams could better construct their rosters.

Very excited to see Red Sox top prospect, Brayan Bello (pronounced Bay-O) make his first career ML start tomorrow night. A few weeks ago, I saw Bello live in a AAA game and let me tell you, he has electric stuff. Of course there are no guarantees how that will translate to ML hitters, but I’m very much looking forward to finding out.
IMG_0095.JPG

Very excited to see Red Sox top prospect, Brayan Bello (pronounced Bay-O) make his first career ML start tomorrow night. A few weeks ago, I saw Bello live in a AAA game and let me tell you, he has electric stuff. Of course there are no guarantees how that will translate to ML hitters, but I’m very much looking forward to finding out. View attachment 157418

Who’s getting DFA’d? Robles?

I'm kinda scratching my head as to why the Astros pushed Verlander back 2-3 days, he was scheduled to pitch last night, but now it looks like Thursday.
I know he want to stay on a 5 day rhythm and that throws it way off ... however, with all the quality pitching the Stro's have in thier Starting rotation at the moment ... (Odorizzi came back and pitched last night .. I wasn't impressed, but it is his 1st game back) and with Lance McClellers coming back soon ....
Usually you have a pitcher that is struggling that could use some time off, but these guys are all pitching well.

Tough choices coming up for the GM and Dusty.
Thats better than the alternative.

Someone will be miffed come playoff time, but they have plenty of time to pitch themselves OUT of the rotation ... :eeek

Including Michael Wacha- who missed yesterday’s start due to a “tired arm”- the Red Sox currently have 6 starters hurt (Sale, Eovaldi, Paxton, Hill and Whitlock all on the IL). Tonight they have their current only healthy regular starter on the mound- Nick Pivetta. It’s been pretty impressive what the kids (Winckowski, Seabold and Crawford) have done to hold down the fort. Now tomorrow night it’s the phenom Bella’s turn.

Big doings in Red Sox baseball tonight. Not only is Bello making his much anticipated ML debut, 40 miles to the west Chris Sale will make his last rehab start in Worcester.

Reactions: Jimbo
Wouldn’t it have been hilarious if he hurt himself with that tirade?
Oh no!....I think its always sad...Be it a on field brawl, or celebration....You wonder if management dont see that and give him a call personally as they have so much raped up in him financially!.....Its not like he is not going to be called up....lol...Id say his spot in the rotation is kinda solid!...lol

Wouldn’t it have been hilarious if he hurt himself with that tirade?

I wonder if there’s anything in a player’s contract that could void their contract over such a thing. I know it’s not the same thing, but last night OB and Eck were talking about when Robin Yount got into a motorcycle accident and had to miss time because of it. They said there was such a clause in his contract.