MLB 2022 Season

Tonight!!

IMG_0574.JPG

IMG_0576.JPG

I watched the game last night, and you’ll be happy to know Aaron Judge didn’t homer on AppleTV.

In typical 2022 Red Sox fashion, they have been officially eliminated in a rain shortened 6 inning game.

Guardians are in the playoffs in their first year of existence. What an accomplishment! They are 17-3 in their last 20 which is remarkable. Can they finally pull out a World Series victory?

Guardians are in the playoffs in their first year of existence. What an accomplishment! They are 17-3 in their last 20 which is remarkable. Can they finally pull out a World Series victory?
Fairly certain they made not a lot farther in 97'. ;)

I agree, you want to see a team playing great overall baseball its Cleveland! Right now unstoppable!

I don’t ever recall a team separating themselves from the pack as quickly as the Guardians did. Just a couple of weeks ago, there was 1 to 2 games separating the Guardians, White Sox and Twins. It looked like the AL Central race was going down to final series of the year. Now the Guardians wrapped it up with 10 days left. The Guardians got very hot, and BOTH the White Sox and Twins got very cold simultaneously.

I don’t ever recall a team separating themselves from the pack as quickly as the Guardians did. Just a couple of weeks ago, there was 1 to 2 games separating the Guardians, White Sox and Twins. It looked like the AL Central race was going down to final series of the year. Now the Guardians wrapped it up with 10 days left. The Guardians got very hot, and BOTH the White Sox and Twins got very cold simultaneously.
Sox played very good for a month, but you cant catch a team thats on fire like Cleveland! Then dropping the 3 straight to Gardens last wek was the nail in the coffin for Sox. To many injuries, and not enough depth, made for a 500 team all year.

Reactions: BillD1984
What’s the significance of this one red seat surrounded by green seats at Fenway Park? Back in 1946, Ted Williams hit a ball to that red seat. It’s 502 feet from home plate.
IMG_1035.JPG
IMG_1036.JPG

Reactions: Jimbo
Dick Allen Baseball Stats | Baseball Almanac

Did you know that baseball historian Bill Jenkinson in The Year Babe Ruth Hit 104 Home Runs ranked Allen with Jimmie Foxx and Mickey Mantle, and just a notch below Babe Ruth, as the four top long distance sluggers ever to wield a baseball bat? A segment of MLB Network's Prime 9, aired February 7, 2011, concurred with Jenkinson's findings. On that same broadcast, Willie Mays stated that Allen hit a ball harder than any player he had ever seen. Dick Allen, like Babe Ruth, hit with a rather heavy bat. Allen's 40-ouncer bucked the Ted Williams-inspired trend of using a light bat for increased bat speed. Dick Allen combined massive strength and body torque to produce bat speed and drive the ball. Eighteen of his home runs actually cleared Connie Mack Stadium's 65-foot-high left field Grandstand! Twice Dick Allen cleared that park's 65-foot-high right center field scoreboard: a feat considered virtually impossible for a right-handed hitter. Allen hit perhaps his most memorable Philadelphia homerun off of the Cubs' Larry Jackson on May 29, 1965, when he cleared Connie Mack Stadium's left center field roof Coke sign. That homerun, an estimated 529-footer, inspired Willie Stargell to say: "Now I know why they (the Phillies fans) boo Richie all the time. When he hits a home run, there's no souvenir."

Reactions: BillD1984