MLB 2022 Season

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was at a Jays v Sox game back in '89 I think. Jays won handily, but the following game was a massive collapse by the Red Sox. How bad? You can still find article on how the Red Sox blew a 9 or 10 run lead (looks it up... 10 run). Back in the days when the Lions, Jays, and Sox were swapping spots atop the AL East.

I actually remember watching this game on TV with my Dad. I think Felix Jose had an inside the park grand slam (or that might have been another game). But yeah, that was quite a comeback/meltdown. Also, I think later that same week the Blue Jays opened the Sky Dome (they were still playing in Exhibition Stadium until Sky Dome was complete).

American League seedings are now all set…..

In the Wildcard Series best of 3 it will be-

#5 Mariners at #4 Blue Jays (winner plays #1 Astros)
#6 Rays at #3 Guardians (winner plays #2 Yankees)

ALL 3 games will be in the higher seed’s ballpark
Games will be Fri, Sat and Sun- times TBA and all will be broadcast by Disney (ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2)

American League seedings are now all set…..

In the Wildcard Series best of 3 it will be-

#5 Mariners at #4 Blue Jays (winner plays #1 Astros)
#6 Rays at #3 Guardians (winner plays #2 Yankees)

ALL 3 games will be in the higher seed’s ballpark
Game times TBA and all will be broadcast by Disney (ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2)
Oh, good ...

This years playoffs won't be on TBS or TNT or USA or wherever, it will be on actual networks that have heard of baseball ...

JV's last outing of the Regular Season .... 2nd start after his injury.

5.0 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 1walk and 10 Strikeouts.

Astros were up 8-0 when JV left.

Oh, good ...

This years playoffs won't be on TBS or TNT or USA or wherever, it will be on actual networks that have heard of baseball ...

That’s just the Wildcard round. TBS will have the ALDS and ALCS and FOX/FS1 will have the NLDS and NLCS. The World Series is on OTA FOX as usual.

JV's last outing of the Regular Season .... 2nd start after his injury.

5.0 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 1walk and 10 Strikeouts.

Astros were up 8-0 when JV left.

Yep, he is definitely raring to go in the postseason. Now he will get a full 7 days rest before Game 1 of the LDS.

Yep, he is definitely raring to go in the postseason. Now he will get a full 7 days rest before Game 1 of the LDS.
Oddly, most of the year, the Astros have been on 5 or 6 days rest for everyone ... they have been running a 5 or 6 man rotation for most of the year.

I think they figured out who was going to be the Odd man out come playoff time when one of them started warming up as relief the other night.

Fwiw, JV gave up 1 walk and 1 other Astros pitcher has also given up 1 walk and thats it folks ... in the ninth.

edit: I did it again, they bring in a new pitcher to pitch the ninth and gives up the 1st 2 hits of the game. :mad:

Some interesting choices for announcers by ESPN for the Wildcard Series:

Rays at Indians- Jon Sciambi and Doug Glanville

Mariners at Blue Jays- Dave Flemming, Jessica Mendoza and Tim Kurkjian

Phillies at Cardinals- Michael Kay and Alex Rodriquez

Padres at Mets- Karl Ravech, David Cone and Eduardo Perez

The schedule has been announced for Wildcard Weekend. There are several different scenarios for game times on Sunday depending on which series are still alive.

IMG_1155.JPG

Reactions: AZ.
Some interesting choices for announcers by ESPN for the Wildcard Series:

Rays at Indians- Jon Sciambi and Doug Glanville

Mariners at Blue Jays- Dave Flemming, Jessica Mendoza and Tim Kurkjian

Phillies at Cardinals- Michael Kay and Alex Rodriquez

Padres at Mets- Karl Ravech, David Cone and Eduardo Perez

Hopefully Don Orsillo will be calling some of the TBS games.

Reactions: BillD1984
Hopefully Don Orsillo will be calling some of the TBS games.

Same here. DO has called some games for FOX also, so maybe he could get one of the NLDS assignments? I have no idea who FOX has for a “B” team behind Joe Davis and John Smoltz.

Very tough season for the Red Sox came to an end today. Another last place finish (that’s 4 since 2012) is unacceptable for a team that’s won 4 World Series since 2004. At least they finished the season with a 3 game sweep of the Rays, and it was also quite an emotional day today. Both Xander Bogaerts and J.D.Martinez got pulled from the game and received standing ovations from the Fenway crowd. I’m still very hopeful that the Red Sox come to their senses and get a deal for Bogaerts wrapped up. They already let Mookie Betts get away. Do not let another home grown talent get away, and that also goes for Rafael Devers next off-season. As far as JD goes, one could argue he was the best lucrative free agent signing in Red Sox history. If it wasn’t for his teammate, Mookie Betts, JD was easily the AL MVP in 2018 (just look at his numbers that year). He was arguably the one move that pushed the Red Sox to a dominant wire to wire World Series championship. And then there’s Dennis Eckersley who retired from the Red Sox NESN booth, and walked away from the game he loved after 50 years in baseball. Eck was a treasure that will be surely missed. And now it’s on to the MLB playoffs and the new format. I for one think it’s going to be a very exiting postseason. Baseball will continue for another month, but my home team will not.

The Green Fields of the Mind

"It breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone."

-A. Bartlett Giamatti

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbo