Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
From the DirecTV Sports Dept:

The price will be $179 for renewal, up $10 from last year.

$189 for early bird, up $10 from last year.

SuperFan is eliminated (Strike Zone Channel rights are now to MLB Network)
HD games will be included in MLB EI as part of the MLB package as long as you have HD Access.

If you had MLB EI & Superfan last year, essentailly you will be paying less.

Also, as of right now Mix Channel is up in the air....still pending some MLB approval on that.

I for one am thrilled to see this change. Although Superfan was only $40 extra last year, I rarely watched Strike Zone and paying $40 extra for HD was somewhat bothersome.

$179 for the package with HD is more than fair.

For those who didn't have it last year, $189 is not bad either.

I don't need this myself. I am just hoping for a full-time Fox Sports Cincy so I can watch all the games in HD.

Renewals should show a zero dollar charge on the next bill, and charge the first installment (or full if you do that) in March. $179 over 4 months would be $44.75/mo

I go to Philly every year to catch a week of games. 6 of us, usually $30+ a ticket, hey, it is great but $180+ just for tickets to one game. The entire season, including just about every one of the 152 games that I didn't attend and most of those in HD for $179, best buy in television! Now, just another World Series victory and maybe just one more season ending choke job by the Mets would really make things great!

Renewals should show a zero dollar charge on the next bill, and charge the first installment (or full if you do that) in March. $179 over 4 months would be $44.75/mo
It already shows the $0 charge on the online bill for most of us (I have had the charge up for about a week now).

This will be a $40 savings for me (and most of us) from last year. $10 increase in EI minus $50 for SP equals $40 less.

I for one am thrilled to see this change. Although Superfan was only $40 extra last year, I rarely watched Strike Zone and paying $40 extra for HD was somewhat bothersome.

$179 for the package with HD is more than fair.

For those who didn't have it last year, $189 is not bad either.

You hit the nail on the head! I for one will be subbing to this, If they did this for every thing, made hd standard, I think there would be alot of happy subs.

You hit the nail on the head! I for one will be subbing to this, If they did this for every thing, made hd standard, I think there would be alot of happy subs.

Well, as for sports, it is now standard for all the packages excluding NFL ST. It is a step forward. We can hope for this change for NFL, but with what that package costs DirecTV to offer, I doubt NFL Superfan will go away.

Jason said:

Jason, thanks again for the MLB EI info. After a few minutes, several answers to DTV questions. A1 forum here :up

Ditto on the Strike Zone option last year. I only recall checking that out a couple of times.

Flying said:
Now, just another World Series victory ....

Hey, late congrats on the pennant! I caught a lot of Phillies games last season. Big "Chase" fan. I remember trying to assure another Phillies fan in Oct over on the Home Theater Forum that the Phillies wouldn't "fade" in the NLCS.

seems like a price raise for everyone to me, cause i never paid extra hd fee for superfan always had them waive that

ive subbed many sports packs over the years on auto renew used to make 1 lump sum payment ie mlb ei $179.00 id make this in one payment but i now notice that all my sports subs are being charged monthly even though i sigend up way back when for auto renewal and 1 payment not 4 or 7 or 12
1 payment

so i think direct adopted billimg practices of dish!

Since I was with Charter last year this is an increase. However last year Charter had no games in HD and limited number of games so I will be happy with the pricing.

Why no mix channel ? That is one of the best features. I love to watch 8 games at once. Is that still a possibility ?

this is what they need to do with NFLST. not charge extra for HD.

Why no mix channel ? That is one of the best features. I love to watch 8 games at once. Is that still a possibility ?
Nobody said the mix channel will not be up. They said they do not know about the mix channel yet.

It is the Strike Zone channel that will not be available anymore because of MLBNet.

They have to have the approval of MLB for each feature, such as the mix channel, and they haven't gotten it yet.

Given they had it in years past, and it does not really compete with MLBNetwork (like strike zone would), I would expect they would get that approval.

As I look out and see the piles of snow, all the MLB talks as got me thinking Spring, come on spring training!!

The only thing that conserns me about the removal of the strike zone channel, is our troops over seas would get strike zone or Red zone network as apart of AFN. It was a really cool way to see your game, and all of the games without having 20 channels. AFN is only limited to 10 channels max on their two transponders they have around the world on various birds.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)