MLB Extra Innings 2012 Now Available

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am out of contract with DTV. I have called them several times over the last 2 weeks (saying "cancel" at the prompt) and have got virtually no offers to try and keep me with them. They will not come off the price of MLB Extra Innings one cent. They are doing nothing to try and keep me as a customer. They say I already have all the discounts that I qualify for. I am paying $93 a month now with Choice Xtra Classic, with 2 HD DVRs, one DVR, and 2 standard boxes. Thinking about jumping to Dish,, but am concerned about having to use mlb.tv since as of last month my ISP s limiting my internet usage for the first time. Directv is willing to do nothing to keep me on, which surprises me since they have been willing to work with me in the past to keep me as a customer. And I see some here have gotten great deals on the Extra Innings package. Maybe I'm not holding my head right when I call! Not sure wat to do here: cant get a deal with DTV, mlb.tv would prolly blow my internet cap every month, Dish is an option but doesnt have Extra Innings. DTV is not being very good to me! Seems they no longer want my money.

Each person is only allowed so many credits per year and then they won't give you any more for that year.

I am out of contract with DTV. I have called them several times over the last 2 weeks (saying "cancel" at the prompt) and have got virtually no offers to try and keep me with them. They will not come off the price of MLB Extra Innings one cent. They are doing nothing to try and keep me as a customer. They say I already have all the discounts that I qualify for. ... DTV is not being very good to me! Seems they no longer want my money.

I am having a hard time understanding your perspective. You are already receiving multiple discounts. But unless you get even more, then D* isn't being good to you and doesn't want your money?

I doubt the D* discounts EI to more than about 1% of their EI subscribers.

I am having a hard time understanding your perspective. You are already receiving multiple discounts. But unless you get even more, then D* isn't being good to you and doesn't want your money?

I doubt the D* discounts EI to more than about 1% of their EI subscribers.

Don't think I'm being unreasonable. If they want to keep me as a customer throw me a little bone here! Wouldn't kill them to offer me half off the EI. First time I called I asked about Whole Home DVR, as well as a discount on EI, and they did offer to set me up with Whole Home DVR at no extra charge up front, which would have entailed getting 2 extra HD boxes...at no charge an free install. And that was a good offer. But they offered no discount on EI. I told them please note the offer and I will think it over and call back. I was really hoping for a discount on EI. Well, I called back the following week and they backed out of their initial offer. Now the best they were willing to do was Whole Home DVR, including the 2 additional HD receivers, for a $100 charge. Still no EI discount. I told the CSR what I was offered the last time I called and was told they could not do that. I said why were you guys backing out of a deal that was previously offered to me? They had no answer. At this point I may call and set up a cancellation date then wait and see if they are willing to at least offer me their initial offer.

Or I could just hop on over to Dish and the Hopper and save $30+ a month for the 1st year. Which I am becoming more and more inclined to do at this point.

I would love to have been offered that Whole Home deal. I'm paying more than you per month & couldn't get that deal.

From what I understand Directv commonly offers a credit to keep someone on a sports package like EI. They do not discount it to add someone to a sports package like EI.

Most end up paying full price the first year they add one, and can often get credits of some nature in years after, depending on the account.

Interesting... MLB.TV is not blacking me out of the Tigers game on FS Detroit at my office today. It did black me out at home last weekend. Both my home and office are in the same city. The only difference is that we have Charter cable internet at home and AT&T DSL at work. The blackout checker shows me in Standish MI based on my IP which is incorrect and says that area is not claimed by any teams which is also incorrect. I believe all of Michigan is claimed by the Tigers.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I just bought the Sling adapter from Dish so I could turn on Tigers day games on a spare computer while I'm at work. Looks like I didn't really need it.

Help me understand this please. With the extra innings free preview I'm able to watch every single game this week except my favorite team! I'm near Knoxville, TN so I'm in the Reds market. I normally get their games on FSTN 644 or FSCIN 661. I've not been able to see the Reds play yet. Like right now they're playing the Cardinals. Its blacked out for me on 213, 661, 732 and 733. Why would that be? Yet I can see all the other teams, including our other market team the Braves.

Help me understand this please. With the extra innings free preview I'm able to watch every single game this week except my favorite team! I'm near Knoxville, TN so I'm in the Reds market. I normally get their games on FSTN 644 or FSCIN 661. I've not been able to see the Reds play yet. Like right now they're playing the Cardinals. Its blacked out for me on 213, 661, 732 and 733. Why would that be? Yet I can see all the other teams, including our other market team the Braves.

If you want the Reds from where your at ( I put in a Knoxville zip) you'll need to order the Spports Pack and you'll get the games.

The 37920 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):

FS South HD (Ch. 646) - HD Available

Atlanta Hawks (HD Available)

Braves (HD Available)

Memphis Grizzlies (HD Available)

Nashville Predators (HD Available)

SportSouth HD (Ch. 649) - HD Available

Atlanta Hawks (HD Available)

Braves (HD Available)

With the PREMIER or LO MAXIMO package or any DIRECTV base package plus SPORTS Pack, you also get:

FS Cincinnati HD (Ch. 661) - HD Available

Reds (HD Available)

Well, I called back the following week and they backed out of their initial offer. Now the best they were willing to do was Whole Home DVR, including the 2 additional HD receivers, for a $100 charge. Still no EI discount. I told the CSR what I was offered the last time I called and was told they could not do that. I said why were you guys backing out of a deal that was previously offered to me? They had no answer. At this point I may call and set up a cancellation date then wait and see if they are willing to at least offer me their initial offer.

I've been on either D* or E* for about 14 years now. Both of them have backed off of offers previously given to me. They don't always keep track of these things. And they don't always make it easy for their CSRs to access all of the offers. I've learned that if they make you a great offer, then jump on it. Sometimes they give you things beyond what they are supposed to.

Their offers to avoid cancellations can vary depending upon how long you have been with them. Someone coming off of their first 2 year contract might not get as good an offer as someone who has subscribed to a high level package for 5 or 6 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts