MLB Extra Innings Blackouts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Trouthead

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
Rockies
Sunday afternoon I was traveling, but got home for the second inning of the second game of the Red Sox/Tampa Bay Rays.

I have MLB Extra Innings, so I turn it on and I get the not available in your area message. I live in Wyoming, so a blackout is not the case. Went to the website, and finally gave up trying anything more than a re-hit of my receiver. All other Extra Inning channels wer up and running, but no Red sox game.

Anyone know why? did anyone else experience the same thing?

Sunday afternoon I was traveling, but got home for the second inning of the second game of the Red Sox/Tampa Bay Rays.

I have MLB Extra Innings, so I turn it on and I get the not available in your area message. I live in Wyoming, so a blackout is not the case. Went to the website, and finally gave up trying anything more than a re-hit of my receiver. All other Extra Inning channels wer up and running, but no Red sox game.

Just a guess, but wasn't the original start time for the second game changed? Maybe they didn't get the new start time correct.

that is certainly possible, but in lieu of watching it on MLB Extra Innings, I listened to it on the XM radio. So I was looking for it on TV at the correct time.

Update: The reason you couldn't get the second game on EI is because of the ESPN Sunday exclusivity. The Red Sox game was in the same time frame, so was blacked out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts