MLB Extra Innings

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Denio

Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Sacramento
Having a problem... Had MLB EI last year and didn't know that there was an auto renewal... Does anyone know of a contact I can get in touch with about the problem... I talked with three different rep's and all they would give me is a PO.Box where I can send a letter... Don't like communicating with a mail box...

Yikes! Your going to have a heck of a time getting out of it at this point in time...which is what I assume you are asking about.

As to whether you're going to be able to talk DTV out of your new year of EI, I haven't a clue.

I do know from my experience, last year I did not want to renew my EI. I called DTV last Sept to tell them so and was told the only time I could cancel my automatic renewal was after the playoffs which run into the first week of November now.

So, I wrote myself a note to do so. When I again called after the playoffs, I was given the pitch of "Why would you want to do that". After firmly telling them I didn't want it anymore, the canceled my EI automatic renewal account.

There were 2 main reasons I decided to cancel. First, I didn't watch very many games other than the BOS-NYY games. And the second reason was the dreaded blackout rules in regards to my area team (Mariners). I enjoy watching the Mariner games with the other team's feed. I quickly get tired of listening to the "homer" announcers since I've heard most of their crap for over 15 years now. We used to have a color guy (Ron Fairly) and when it was his turn to jabber over a play, first he would tell us what he was going to tell us, then he would tell us what we just saw (like never make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd base), and then finally, he would tell us what he just told us.

The normal rule is you can cancel any package like that up till the Opening Day (game) and after that you cannot.
May as well enjoy it this your , it's yours !!!

Remember to cancel as a Christmas gift to yourself next year :)

It looks like I am stuck with it for another year... wouldn't be so bad if I had not signed up for MLB.com for $119.00 ... now I have baseball everywhere.. They sure put everything in fine print about getting out of of it... on my bill there was a footnote in the margin about the renewal... I pay my bills on the computer so I don't read the footnotes or much else on the bill. Thanks for the input...

It looks like I am stuck with it for another year... wouldn't be so bad if I had not signed up for MLB.com for $119.00 ... now I have baseball everywhere.. They sure put everything in fine print about getting out of of it... on my bill there was a footnote in the margin about the renewal... I pay my bills on the computer so I don't read the footnotes or much else on the bill. Thanks for the input...

Not to beat a dead horse but I think you said everything you needed to in 3 words......

I don't read

Oh no...be nice...the man realized that he kind of f...d up and was hoping that there may be a way out...it seems that he has accepted his fate like a man...Denio, welcome to SatGuys!

We put it top of the bill about renewals on sports packages. We even put a line time in your bill MLB Extra inngins 2010 0.00 a month before we bill . We even bill one or two months before teh season starts. so in case you for got you be reminded real fast when the bill comes out.

Basically there is no way around the sport ppv rule, once the season starts your sol.

Though NFL ST it not opening day but the first sunday of the season.

Man, I'm glad I stumbled into this thread. I subscribed to MLB EI for the first time this season, and sort of ASSUMED that I was buying it for 2010 only -- had no idea they would auto-renew it. Don't recall seeing any kind of message like that when I placed the order (online). My bill is paperless and on auto-pay, so I rarely go in to look at it. At least now I am aware ...

Man, I'm glad I stumbled into this thread. I subscribed to MLB EI for the first time this season, and sort of ASSUMED that I was buying it for 2010 only -- had no idea they would auto-renew it. Don't recall seeing any kind of message like that when I placed the order (online). My bill is paperless and on auto-pay, so I rarely go in to look at it. At least now I am aware ...

I'm glad you found it too !

See StoneColds post above:

"We put it top of the bill about renewals on sports packages. We even put a line time in your bill MLB Extra innings 2010 0.00 a month before we bill ."

(corrected SC's spelling slightly :D)

Top Questions

Top Questions # 4 on right hand side of page.

How does MLB EXTRA INNINGS Automatic Renewal work?

Like all our sports subscriptions, MLB EXTRA INNINGS automatically renews each season at the lowest full-season rate available, provided we carry the service. You’ll see a renewal notice on your bill a few months in advance, and your first installment will be due near the start of the season.

To stay eligible for Automatic Renewal, just keep your DIRECTV account in good standing and make sure all your receivers are continuously connected to the same land-based phone line. Please note that if you cancel your subscription before the season starts, you won’t qualify for the special renewal rate. Also remember that sports subscriptions can’t be canceled, refunded, or credited (in part or in whole) after the season starts.

Oh no...be nice...the man realized that he kind of f...d up and was hoping that there may be a way out...it seems that he has accepted his fate like a man...Denio, welcome to SatGuys!

Thanks FlyingJ for the welcome... I wonder if this has anything to do with being a Cubs Fan...

Another EI option...

This year after testing it out, I decided to go with MLB.com for their EI operation version. Finally cost for the year was $99 (I went with the $20 off option although I had to subscribe to Sports Illustrated for $20).

First, I would have to say IF you want to watch baseball ONLY on your home TV, the DTV EI is the package to get.

However, the MLB.com version does have a lot going for it. First, I can watch it on my iPhone, or I can choose to watch it on my computer (or on anyone's computer if I'm visiting.) AND I can watch it on my HD Samsung TV almost just like EI.

I have a new Apple MacBook Pro that has a HDMI output to my Samsung TV (1080P picture). I'm going to qualify the HD picture as maybe not quite as sharp as DTV EI, but it's close enough for me.

The ONLY thing MLB.com is missing is the ability to watch my home team (Mariners) although the way they're playing recently maybe that's a blessing! No, I realize EI also blacks out my home team, BUT if my RSN (Foxsports NW) is doing the game, I CAN watch the Mariners either on the EI feed or directly from my RSN. This doesn't impact me a bit as my RSN is on my DTV feed anyway, but I have to be tied to my home to watch it.

So, MLB is cheaper and provides a lot more viewing options. Works for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)