MLB Hot Stove League 2015-16

Well this is awkward.

Boston's $95 million man Pablo Sandoval loses Red Sox's third baseman job to Travis Shaw
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...ill-be-red-sox-s-third-baseman-140513295.html
This is not all that bad .... I don't know , but what happens when the kid hits about, .222 after a month or two and is struggling, I bet the will be happy they have him around.
Just because a guy wins a job in Spring Training, doesn't mean he's a star waiting to happen.

Ask Sparky Anderson, he always had a young guy that looked like the next super star and then when the real games came around ... well, you know the rest of the story.

Now I'm not saying this kid will be that way, just saying.

This is not all that bad .... I don't know , but what happens when the kid hits about, .222 after a month or two and is struggling, I bet the will be happy they have him around.
Just because a guy wins a job in Spring Training, doesn't mean he's a star waiting to happen.

Ask Sparky Anderson, he always had a young guy that looked like the next super star and then when the real games came around ... well, you know the rest of the story.

Now I'm not saying this kid will be that way, just saying.
David Ortiz has already retired hasn't he? I ask because Sandoval can fill that role as DH if he has to.
Edit: Just checked, I guess Ortiz hasn't retired yet, but this is his last season.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)