MLB moves to All Access package

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mlbcoin.gif

agee, nfl will be next

SiriusXM has been struggling to keep subscribers. It's stuff like this that drives people away.

BTW - $19.99 per year gets you an MLB Audio package.
It has?

In 2020, the satellite-radio purveyor's all-important self-pay subscriber base grew by 909,000 -- or 3% -- to a record high of around 30.9 million people.

SiriusXM 2020 Subscriber Count Inches Up to New Record; 2021 Revenue Guidance Comes in Above Consensus | The Motley Fool

A modest gain, but a gain nonetheless....

Reactions: SamCdbs
I have the MLB At Bat app, but also like baseball on Sirius XM. I have one all access plan and one select so I will have to upgrade one. I believe At Bat can only be used on Mobile devices. I like having baseball on XM because there are a lot of holes in cell coverage around here so the XM is steadier in the car. Had a feeling this was coming eventually and got an email today about it.

Mlb just loves chasing away it’s fans.
I don't think this was MLB, on the XM side the NFL has been on All Access forever since the merger, and MLB was on the All Access on the Sirius side. By moving MLB (and possibly NFL in the future) they have two major sports on their premium product. I wouldn't be suprised if they continue moving play-by-play sports over if they have success in upgrading people.

I enjoy MLB on radio, and have in the past used the audio in the MLB app or had MLB.TV which included the audio. Last year I just used the XM app instead. I usually carried All access in the fall/winter for NFL games anyway (for if we're driving on a Sunday), so now I"ll likely just carry it all year.

Instead of calling every six months for their $30 deal at $5/month plus royalty, now I'll end up calling every six months for their $50 all access deal at $8.33/month plus royalty. Like clock work, every six months, it's on the calendar. At least they've gotten faster on the discount conversation, and it doesn't take 3 offers to get to that number anymore. Though last year I got the same pricing for 12 months instead of 6 months which was nice.

Reactions: dfecarter
I have Sirius in my truck (Ford F-150) and on my computer .... I have the All Access package.
Back when I use to have XM (Chevy) I use to listen to the MLB games all the time ... they were all in one location (175-190 ish), easy to find.

Since I have Sirius, I find it very difficult to find the games I want, unless it happens to be on the ESPN channels.
They really need to put all the games in a particular area on the dial.

Then the NFL should do the SAME, they are scattered all over. (Many of them are streaming only, which isn't even available on the radios)

New agreement signed with MLB that will now include access to live games for streaming only subs, so that is a positive.

I'd like to see them move pro sports to channel numbers by team like they do on the app, I can't imagine they have a limit in channel numbers, most could play the generic loop recording so it wouldn't be much bandwidth...

i know this doesn't help but i noticed WFAN doesn't black out they feed this year , so you can streaming Yankees games this year , i don't know if a mistake or not

i know this doesn't help but i noticed WFAN doesn't black out they feed this year , so you can streaming Yankees games this year , i don't know if a mistake or not
You always could stream the feed, They are the official yankees feed.

Twins are the same, along with most, if not all the teams, which makes this decision to put mlb behind the most expensive sub more confusing. Plus the streaming feeds are within 30 seconds of live, xm app is nearly 2 minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)