MLB Network 213 Blackout???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
The game on channel 213 is blacked out in my area even though no local teams are playing at all, but the game on 214/214-1 is not. Does anyone know why they are blacking this game out? It states in the information on the guide that it is due to local blackout rules.

Doesn't matter, I can still watch any of the games through my PS3, but I am just curious if anyone else has experienced local blackout rules on 213 when the teams playing are not local at all

It's blacked out here in the Bay Area too and it's San Diego that's playing. Strange!

Ooops sorry, Twins and Tigers.
Yeah..

Twins and Tigers are under local blackout here in CA, but Padres are not???? Even though none of the 4 teams featured are local anyway.

Looking at the schedules online and the game (SAN v ATL) shows COX4 only away & Sports South only home (game on for me here and on 213) and MLBTV.com

I get all of the games through MLB.TV, for some reason the Twins and Tigers are blacked out on 213

Last edited:
I live in Connecticut and there are no games scheduled on MLB right now except for MLB Tonight Live. As I was watching it, it switched to error code 703(?) regarding blackout restrictions??? Huh??? There is no game on though!

Just guessing, but is a game either 213 or 214 for your area in extra innings or they forgot to hit the switch at the end of the game. I know MLB Net had two games (213/214) at 1pm.

Just guessing, but is a game either 213 or 214 for your area in extra innings or they forgot to hit the switch at the end of the game. I know MLB Net had two games (213/214) at 1pm.

The only game I could think of that would "interfere" may be the Cubs on WGN (239) . . . other than that, your guess as good as mine :)

Jason Crandall said:

According to what others have said, they only put one game on each feed and which feed you get depends on where you live. Those in the west got the Pads and Braves on 214 only and others got the Twins and Tigers on 213 only. Nobody gets both feeds, and if you live in the local blackout region, then you get the alternate feed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
According to what others have said, they only put one game on each feed and which feed you get depends on where you live. Those in the west got the Pads and Braves on 214 only and others got the Twins and ChiSox on 213 only. Nobody gets both feeds, and if you live in the local blackout region, then you get the alternate feed.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

That is plausible, except the Twins/ChiSox was over when I was watching MLB Tonight Live when it blacked out . . . so ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts