MLB Network blackout question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unless a local station in Rochester carries the game you would not be able to see the game. Directv only carries WPIX in the NY market

on the positive side, ALL the games are in HD with Directv...no worrying if it will be in HD ;)
There is no local channel for the Mets here when they are on WPIX. Time Warner here picks up those games and puts them on? Why can't Direct do that too? I guess I'm stuck with Dish unless I just keep Dish for the superstation package. Do you know if Dish would allow it and how much it might cost?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I think about it, they might pick up those games on D*
Here in Twins territory the Sunday games are carried on WFTC My 29 in Minneapolis. In markets where we dont get My29 the game is on one of the sports alternate channels. Now that is due to an agreement with FSN North and My 29. on cable folks outside of the area see it on FSN North...D* subs see it on a RSN alternate

Now I tried to check the guide to see if WPIX games are on there but right now I can't.
Next Sunday's game is on YES (which you'd get with D* anyways) and TBS (along with WPIX)
The 26th against the Twins doesnt show in the guide yet

As for Dish, if you own the equipment you can get JUST the Supers but its 14 bucks
7 bucks for all 5
7 bucks for not having a basic package

How come on the MLB MIX channel, I can view and hear the YES network, but when I click on the channel - it says not available! So, the blackout does not concern MLB MIX smaller channels? Hahaha. It makes no sense.

How come on the MLB MIX channel, I can view and hear the YES network, but when I click on the channel - it says not available! So, the blackout does not concern MLB MIX smaller channels? Hahaha. It makes no sense.

Same thing happens on NFL ST. I can see the Vikings Game on Mix but if I select it dumps me to the 700 Channel and blocks it.

Black out restrictions must only apply to single screens (not multiple/mix).. hahahah. i really believe MLB and DirecTV have no clue on what the restriction rules are..

They can't blackout one window on the mix channel. If they want to enforce a blackout on the mix channel they would have to block you from the whole channel.

In general they don't do that, or at least the leagues haven't forced them too. There have been rare occassions where the mix channels were blacked out to some areas, but they mostly leave it open whenever they can.

There is no local channel for the Mets here when they are on WPIX.
SNY is the Mets RSN.
If Mets are playing on WPIX then SNY is Blacked out in the NY DMA.
That means all the NY DMA can watch it on Wpix 11, But the Scranton Wilkes Barre DMA is Screwed because D* doesn't have a superstation pack, and We are in the NY RSN DMA. So not Mets for us.

The Yankees we get lucky unless they are on MLB network.
But our Local MY Network 53 Plays Yankee baseball when YES is Blacked out. IN SD ONLY in Piller Box mode.:rant:" Thanks for that one too HD sports leader":(

D* isn't as great as they claim to be with the Blackouts, Even if you subscribe to MLB EI.

I missed a Quite Few Yankees games, Phillies and Mets. The only Teams in MY DMA that I care about.

Last edited:
SNY is the Mets RSN.
That means all the NY DMA can watch it on Wpix 11, But the Scranton Wilkes Barre DMA is Screwed because D* doesn't have a superstation pack, and We are in the NY RSN DMA. So not Mets for us.

But our Local MY Network 53 Plays Yankee baseball when YES is Blacked out. IN SD ONLY in Piller Box mode.:rant:" Thanks for that one too HD sports leader":(

D* isn't as great as they claim to be with the Blackouts, Even if you subscribe to MLB EI.

I missed a Quite Few Yankees games, Phillies and Mets. The only Teams in MY DMA that I care about.
I watched them here in HD on My9 yesterday. They were in EI and MLBNet

SNY is the Mets RSN.

Fortunately, here in WNY if you sub to TWC, you will get the Yanks (WOR) or the Mets (PIX) on TWCsportsnet, which is channel 13 (analog only), when they aren't on YES or SNY.

That is basically the reason I dropped Dish to get the Buffalo Sabres Games in HD and to be able to actually see the Yanks games.

They can't blackout one window on the mix channel. If they want to enforce a blackout on the mix channel they would have to block you from the whole channel.

In general they don't do that, or at least the leagues haven't forced them too. There have been rare occassions where the mix channels were blacked out to some areas, but they mostly leave it open whenever they can.

I have seen dish do it with "ESPN" on their Mix Channel.. Why not directv?

I watched them here in HD on My9 yesterday. They were in EI and MLBNet
Thats because you don't live in NY RSN DMA,, Living in Scranton Pa local DMA.

I bet I'm not the only case where RSN's Cross into other DMA's that supply different locals.
This is where Cable still has the edge on Satellite.
Our local Cable company has WWOR and WPIX in my Local area. D* Doesn't,

E* does with the Superstation pack.

There is no local channel for the Mets here when they are on WPIX. Time Warner here picks up those games and puts them on? Why can't Direct do that too? I guess I'm stuck with Dish unless I just keep Dish for the superstation package. Do you know if Dish would allow it and how much it might cost?

I checked and it looks like the WPIX games ARE on D*
Next Saturday's game (6/26) against the Twins is on
668 FSN North (for MN folks)
658 RSN Alternate assuming for the Mets market

Sunday's game (Mets/Yankees) is on YES and TBS so D* folks are covered there

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)