MLB Network

WGN America broadcasts many of the the Cubs games due to the high national viewership. There are so many transplanted Chicago folks in AZ, FL, NV, etc...and WGN-HD is in decent demand in those areas...
Cub fans are more prevalent here on the west coast than those Sox Nation fans.

Cub fans are more prevalent here on the west coast than those Sox Nation fans.

Its a very strange thing. I see a baseball game in every city I visit, and there is almost inevitably Cubs fans there. I went D-Backs game in August of last year when they played the Pirates, and there were Cubs fans there! I joked and asked them if they were visiting too, and they said NO, they lived there! They just go the D-backs game whenever they play and NLC team just to make sure "the D-backs are doing their job!"...lol...I'm like...wow...:p

Some of the folks in the stands were saying that during the games where the Cubs are in town, Chase Field is PACKED with local Cubs fans...may as well be a home game for them...and of course, it just riles the heck out of the D-backs fans and they get all hateful...oh well....

folks I did go to mlb web site and filled out the letter to be sent to dish. If not for my XM radio and the games I am able to pick up from fox southwest and midwest and espn and wgn I would have left after we lost extra innings. But now to be without MLB network and a big baseball man, I might have to change

WGN America broadcasts many of the the Cubs games due to the high national viewership. There are so many transplanted Chicago folks in AZ, FL, NV, etc...and WGN-HD is in decent demand in those areas...

Same can be said for the YES Network - True?

Remember, while DirecTV subs CAN get WGN at least in SD for the moment, DISH subs DON'T get even a sniff of YES.

And as said by me many times before, I can't understand how Charlie (and Charlie alone in NY) can't come to terms with YES. I tuly think this is a blunder on his part.

Sounds similar to MLB Net, doesn't it.

Same can be said for the YES Network - True?

Remember, while DirecTV subs CAN get WGN at least in SD for the moment, DISH subs DON'T get even a sniff of YES.

And as said by me many times before, I can't understand how Charlie (and Charlie alone in NY) can't come to terms with YES. I tuly think this is a blunder on his part.

Sounds similar to MLB Net, doesn't it.

I don't know. WGN is a superstation whereas YES is an RSN, so we may be talking apples and oranges here...

Though I agree that Dish should bite the bullet and offer YES. I can't see how it makes financial sense to snub the nations largest DMA with regards to their sports network.

Is WOR still offered as a superstation? I remember watching Ralph Kiner on cable many years ago here in Chicago. just to boo the Mets back in 1984.:)

Is WOR still offered as a superstation? I remember watching Ralph Kiner on cable many years ago here in Chicago. just to boo the Mets back in 1984.:)

WWOR 9 is a Superstation on Dish and they carry 20 Yankee Games.....WPIX has the Mets games (also on Dish)

WWOR 9 is a Superstation on Dish and they carry 20 Yankee Games.....WPIX has the Mets games (also on Dish)

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what SD channels are even on Dish these days, I've become a bit of an HD snob in the past few years... :eek:

But I did not know that Yankees were on WWOR, thats good for the Yankee's fans nationwide who can get at least get a sniff of their team on Dish even without YES. I mean, even if Dish can ignore YES, the Yankees can never be ignored... :)

My whole experience with WWOR was back in the early days of cable when they were all Mets...but like I said, it was good for me... ;)

I sub to the Superstaion pack to get the Mets games on WPIX. Last season there 30 games broadcast on PIX. Haven't seen the Mets TV plans for '09 yet. But there's no doubt in my mind that the Mets will have WPIX s a broadcast partner

but last year they only had 25-30 games and previous 2-3 years they had 50+ (mostly weekends)
There were 30. I am one of these weirdos that actaully counts the number of games available on PIX, ESPN and FOX. I made up a calendar and hung it up right here so I knew when the Amazin's were gonna be on the tube. And you are correct . Before the Mets statred SNY there were roughly 50 games on OTA via WPIX.

It sucks that Dish won't have the MLB network. I guess thats just one more channel i wont be able to get. I live in Southern California and I watch the Lakers and Dodgers religiously. I have been spoiled by HD and i hate watching their games on our local channel KCAL. KCAL offers HD on Direct. All I want is KCAL HD, MLB Network, and the YES network to watch Yankee games. Don't really care for NFL Sunday ticket, since my Raiders aren't doing to well. I know i can solve all some headaches by switching to Direct, but I don't like them.

It sucks that Dish won't have the MLB network. I guess thats just one more channel i wont be able to get. I live in Southern California and I watch the Lakers and Dodgers religiously. I have been spoiled by HD and i hate watching their games on our local channel KCAL. KCAL offers HD on Direct. All I want is KCAL HD, MLB Network, and the YES network to watch Yankee games. Don't really care for NFL Sunday ticket, since my Raiders aren't doing to well. I know i can solve all some headaches by switching to Direct, but I don't like them.

I don't like them either, but I've not ruled out the possibility that I may have obsolete reasons for disliking them. I've already accepted the fact that about two thirds of my reasons for liking E* are now obsolete...

I don't like them either, but I've not ruled out the possibility that I may have obsolete reasons for disliking them. I've already accepted the fact that about two thirds of my reasons for liking E* are now obsolete...

I haven't ruled out the possibility of one day switching( i hope that day doesn't come). But after i saw the new vip922, the possibilty seems very thin!:)

I haven't ruled out the possibility of one day switching( i hope that day doesn't come). But after i saw the new vip922, the possibilty seems very thin!:)

Charlie stated that he intends to market the 922 to others including cable and Direct so I suspect your possibilities may not be so thin after all.

Charlie stated that he intends to market the 922 to others including cable and Direct so I suspect your possibilities may not be so thin after all.

did you say direct? you're not pulling me leg here are you? :( i don't want to get my hopes up for nothing.

I had heard the cable part, however I have never seen D* mentioned in this discussion. Any links?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts