MLB Network

And when the currect TV deal expires, the have stated they will push for playoff games on MLB Network.
They can Push all they want. Play off games with always be on a national Network. (ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS) Ratings my friend. Just like The Superbowl will never be on NFL Network. What would all the OTA people do? And why would D* push for this. Do they plan on adding MLB Channel to a Higher package or something. Cause thats what that sounds like.

Exactly what I was thinking. Sorry, but if you are a baseball nut, you already have another provider what also have MLB:EI.

I for one, would never, ever watch MLB Network.
This thread was started by and mostly posted by Dish subs that feel differently.

They can Push all they want. Play off games with always be on a national Network. (ABC,NBC,FOX,CBS) Ratings my friend. Just like The Superbowl will never be on NFL Network. What would all the OTA people do? And why would D* push for this. Do they plan on adding MLB Channel to a Higher package or something. Cause thats what that sounds like.

I would have agreed with you a month or two ago, but I am not so sure now. Who would have believed that the BCS championship game would no longer be on a network? It will be on ESPN. The reason is because ESPN offered up more money for the deal; what would the BCS care if their potential ratings are lower? The networks care about the ratings, and the sports leagues care about the money. I don't think it will happen with the major pro sports, but now at least it seems in the realm of possibility.

I would have agreed with you a month or two ago, but I am not so sure now. Who would have believed that the BCS championship game would no longer be on a network? It will be on ESPN. The reason is because ESPN offered up more money for the deal; what would the BCS care if their potential ratings are lower? The networks care about the ratings, and the sports leagues care about the money. I don't think it will happen with the major pro sports, but now at least it seems in the realm of possibility.
Yea but ESPN is owned by ABC,
MLB channel is not owned by Directv.

Playoff games are already on TBS.

Yea but ESPN is owned by ABC,
MLB channel is not owned by Directv.

I'm not sure I follow. It doesn't matter to me who owns MLB network, except it is owned by the very people who provide the actual content; I am just saying that it could be possible that they would show the World Series; highly unlikely, but possible. Same for the NFL network.

I'm not sure I follow. It doesn't matter to me who owns MLB network, except it is owned by the very people who provide the actual content; I am just saying that it could be possible that they would show the World Series; highly unlikely, but possible. Same for the NFL network.
Yea but they aren't going to do this because 1 Provider wants them too. Only 18 million Have D* , What about the other 200+ Million customers?

D* has NFL sunday Ticket, I don't see them hosting any playoff games or superbowls on their $700 Million Monopoly.
Gee, D* has MLB channel for 3 weeks and now they in charge of what games are going to be shown on it? Yea OK!

Last edited:
And is TBS owned by D*? NOT!
So what does D* pushing MLB to host Playoff games got to do with anything. Why would MLB listen to D* on this? D* isn't the only provider to carry MLB network. NOR is D* the Owners of MLB.

Playoff games are already on cable channels, thus MLB is an option. This is not from D*, it is from MLB.

I read game nights will be live on air with game highlights till last game of evening is over. Be like Baseball tonight on ESPN just for 6 or more hours a night. I would love that.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)