MLB network

Thanks but I have read every post and I still do not undersatnd it. There are two game on tonight. A's and Twins and Giants Diamondbacks. I get neither and can't see any explanation as to why. Now both games are on a RSN somewhere but not mine. I guess I will watch it on my ipod and be happy I get it there.
Because Dish does not carry the Alternate Channel so you cannot see the alternate game, the one that is scheduled for you region, the Twins and Angels
This is exactly why I posted what I posted in my prior post

MLBNetwork sets up their own broadcast coverage in addition to MLB Blackout rules. Parts of the country get on game and other parts get the alternate game. If you happen to be in the area that gets the alternate game, then the main game will be blacked out. Without the alternate channel you will not be able to see the alternate game

Not to beat this to death (and I'm not complaining, I'm happy we have the channel), but I've yet to be able to see a game on MLBN (in Dallas). I've read all the posts about whether games are shown or not, and I know we don't have the alternate game channel, but I'd really like to see the Yankees game tomorrow. I see posts from people all over the country that can't see games that are listed on the channel. Is there any place we can see what ares of the country are supposed to get what games?

Thanks,

schnagner

schnagner said:
Not to beat this to death (and I'm not complaining, I'm happy we have the channel), but I've yet to be able to see a game on MLBN (in Dallas). I've read all the posts about whether games are shown or not, and I know we don't have the alternate game channel, but I'd really like to see the Yankees game tomorrow. I see posts from people all over the country that can't see games that are listed on the channel. Is there any place we can see what ares of the country are supposed to get what games?

Thanks,

schnagner

This is one annoying thing about there regional coverage, it is somewhat chaotic. But general rules: If one of the teams is in your market, you will get the other game, due to MLB black out rules. If you are not in a MLB black out area, then you usually get the game with the team closest to your market.

Of course being able to see the 'other' game is only possible with the alternate channel

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

This is one annoying thing about there regional coverage, it is somewhat chaotic. But general rules: If one of the teams is in your market, you will get the other game, due to MLB black out rules. If you are not in a MLB black out area, then you usually get the game with the team closest to your market.

Of course being able to see the 'other' game is only possible with the alternate channel

MLB black out rules suck.

in this case its MLB Net's rules...not MLB's rules

Yes the MLB claimed area rule stinks in some cases. Iowa as example is claimed by 6 teams. But MLB Net doing random blackouts and not having the alt channel doesnt help

in this case its MLB Net's rules...not MLB's rules

Yes the MLB claimed area rule stinks in some cases. Iowa as example is claimed by 6 teams. But MLB Net doing random blackouts and not having the alt channel doesnt help

Isn't it the teams and MLB....Like on my Direc TV I get Fox Sports west and Prime Ticket before I upgraded...now I get all of the Sports Channels. But 90% of the games are blocked out. I have a friend that lives 65miles north of me in Temecula and the channels are not blocked there as when the Dodgers are playing the Padres he can watch it on Prime Ticket, but here in San Diego because the Padres have or had a contract with Cox Cable ripoff they are blacked out. :coffee

why does Dish not provide the alternate channel? surely it is not an extra cost to Dish? why give us something and then limit it in this way? the angels/twins game is important to those of us in Texas and that is the alternate game we should get

larryf said:
why does Dish not provide the alternate channel? surely it is not an extra cost to Dish? why give us something and then limit it in this way? the angels/twins game is important to those of us in Texas and that is the alternate game we should get

Because they are cheap and do things half assed! If you look at the D* forum you will notice that there are zero complaints with mlb network and black out rules! Its amazing to see a company do sorta the right thing to still get it wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Black out rules really are awful. Being in the middle of Iowa, it's at least a 4 hour drive to get near any MLB game (Twins). Takes me ~6 hours to drive to Chicago and watch the Cubs (the team I'd like to watch). Preventing me from watching them on TV doesn't make me any more likely to go to a game 6 hours away.

Black out rules really are awful. Being in the middle of Iowa, it's at least a 4 hour drive to get near any MLB game (Twins). Takes me ~6 hours to drive to Chicago and watch the Cubs (the team I'd like to watch). Preventing me from watching them on TV doesn't make me any more likely to go to a game 6 hours away.

The cubs are on wgn today channel 239 :)

A guy from my hometown just got called up to the Reds and is slated to start his first game against the Cubs on Labor Day. Any chance we will be able to view that game on WGN? Our location is western PA. Also a question on Dishes Sports package, can we view MLB games broadcast on Fox Sports Ohio ?
Thanks

My thing is that the other day I wanted to watch the Red Sox vs Rangers and it was NOT offered in my area, NorCal! What's with this? I can understand local teams bur ones waaaaaaay outside my area?

A guy from my hometown just got called up to the Reds and is slated to start his first game against the Cubs on Labor Day. Any chance we will be able to view that game on WGN? Our location is western PA. Also a question on Dishes Sports package, can we view MLB games broadcast on Fox Sports Ohio ?
Thanks

The only way you're gonna watch MLB games on Fox Sports Ohio is if you live in the region.... Look in your guide to see if WGN is televising the game. It actually looks like it will be on WGN at 2PM EDT...

Shows it Monday at Two. Wgn is currently airing Cubs vs Pirates even though it's on Fox sports Pittsburgh also. So it's looking good for the Labor Day game.
Thanks

punxybill said:
Shows it Monday at Two. Wgn is currently airing Cubs vs Pirates even though it's on Fox sports Pittsburgh also. So it's looking good for the Labor Day game.
Thanks

WGN America games are not blacked out.

the lack of the alternate is because Dish hasn't made a spot for it yet, while 153 was free, there was no other channel in the range of 148-160 that wasn't free yet. but it will be soon as Fuel TV, Ovation and FSC will be leaving 149, 156 and 157 after Wednesday then you have another week of a slate. so the alternate channel will be up next month maybe. but too late for this season to get MLB Network's alternate feed, unless they use one of the unused ESPN alternates or RSN alternate channel for the time being for the MLB Network Alternate until a permanent place can be found for it. i know blackouts sucks, but just deal with it.

It's funny that as Dish subs we somehow managed to live without this channel since its inception, but within minutes of its launch some were up in arms about the lack of an alternate channel. Some people are just never happy.