MLB POST SEASON 2010

Congrats to both the Rangers and Giants!

This is one tough World Series to handicap! But I'm going with Texas in 6.........Lee and the Rangers bats being the difference.

I'm cheering for a sweep simply because there is something so very wrong with playing baseball in November. Reggie Jackson earned the nickname "Mr. October" for a reason. Anyway, I like the Washington Senators...er, I mean the Texas Rangers in this one.

I'm cheering for a sweep simply because there is something so very wrong with playing baseball in November. Reggie Jackson earned the nickname "Mr. October" for a reason. Anyway, I like the Washington Senators...er, I mean the Texas Rangers in this one.

So the teams with the most Canadians will end up winning ? :D

So the teams with the most Canadians will end up winning ? :D
Yeah, I can't wait to see a couple of northern teams playing a series in 20 degree temps and snow. Baseball in November...brought to you by the same dummkopfs who brought you Hockey in July. :(

Hey, the other day I went to watch 'em play baseball and a game of hockey broke out. :D

2010 World Series Schedule.....Rangers vs. Giants

Game 1:Wed. 10/27- @ San Francisco- 7:57pm ET
Game 2: Thurs. 10/28- @ San Francisco- 7:57pm ET
Game 3: Sat. 10/30- @ Texas- 6:57pm ET
Game 4: Sun. 10/31- @ Texas- 8:20pm ET
Game 5: Mon. 11/1- @ Texas- 7:57pm ET
Game 6: Wed. 11/3- @ San Francisco- 7:57pm ET
Game 7: Thurs. 11/4- @ San Francisco- 7:57pm ET

ALL GAMES ON FOX

ALL GAMES ON FOX
I would hate to live on the east coast. I cannot imagine waiting until 8pm to watch a game.

ALL GAMES ON FOX

YEAH, they actually have baseball WS game on at a time where we can watch them !!!!
Fortunately the yankees are not in it, as it would take an extra HOUR and we still would not see the end of the game.

I bet all these games are over by 11:30 ET at the latest.

The 8:20 start is pushing it though, if they actually START at 8:20, ok, but if they end up starting at 8:40 instead thats a problem.

Well the start time in the east is not the concern, what is, is the SF Weather this week. Thursday's forecast is at 60% rain.

San Francisco, California (94101) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground
Another problem with playing the WS this late. It does not rain in CA at all (pretty much at all) during the summer and pretty much see no rain at all for 8 months. November is the time when the rainy season starts. During those 4 months, CA receives just about as much rain or more than any other part of the country.

They may just dodge this rain though. Looking at the current models, it appears that most of the rain from this storm on Thursday is supposed to move into Central and Southern California on Friday with SF just being on the extreme northern end

They have said he will get a ring if they win...

Everybody that is on the Major League team during the season gets a ring. In 1990 Ken Griffey Sr. got a ring even though he got traded to Seattle during the season.

FOX Goes to Musical Bullpen for MLB Playoffs

http://mlb.fanhouse.com/2010/10/26/fox-goes-to-musical-bullpen-for-mlb -playoffs/

If you were confused at the end of innings during National League Championship Series telecasts on FOX last week, thinking that you heard the network's football theme music rather than its baseball jingle, you were correct.

The network quietly swapped out its baseball theme, which includes a quick reference to its football theme, for the tune that has accompanied its NFL coverage since the sports division opened for business in 1994.

Eric Shanks, the new FOX Sports President, said during a Monday conference call, that the music the network had used for baseball postseason coverage the last 10 years had been slower, perhaps more "cathedral" and that FOX wanted to perk things up.
"When we were taking a look at recent tapes, we decided that baseball deserves a faster pace and more upbeat music," Shanks said. "There's no better music than the FOX Sports theme for the NFL."

Shanks said viewers should count on hearing what we've come to know as the FOX NFL theme across all the network's sports telecasts going forward, including NASCAR.
"It's becoming a real FOX Sports theme," Shanks said. "And it gives all of our sports sort of that marquee feel and it gives us a more upbeat way to come on the air."

I think this is an extremely stupid idea on FOX's part. They need to realize that not everything easily fits or is appropriate for said sport. For example, I wouldn't exactly be quick to use the NFL on FOX theme for something like figure skating. You're really homogenizing and watering down your sports coverage by not giving them a respective identity of their own. That's just pure laziness. And comments like "baseball deserves a faster pace/more upbeat theme tune" is just another ignorant way of saying that "I think that baseball is otherwise boring and I have ADHD!"
progress.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)