MLB POST SEASON 2010

Decades ago, the home team announcers did call the WS games, with the primary play by play guy for each team calling 4 and a half innings. Into the 80's NBC paired home team announcers with Curt Gowdy and others.

How is it possible that players that have sucked all year and players that have sucked for years, are suddenly looking like Hall of Famers in the WS?

To add to that question above:

How is it possible that a Giants team that scores very few runs on HR, and very few runs period, are suddenly scoring just about every run on a HR and are hitting a HR or more in just about every game?

Back to Back loses by Cliff Lee .. how about that Yankee fans LOL

DodgerKing said:
To add to that question above:

How is it possible that a Giants team that scores very few runs on HR, and very few runs period, are suddenly scoring just about every run on a HR and are hitting a HR or more in just about every game?

The Giants hit 162 home runs hitting half their games at ATT, the Rangers hit 162 as well. You can't call the Giants a powerless team without calling the Rangers the same. As for Renteria, I think his time off due to injury has helped him stay fresh for this series.

Now the question is, who will be the WS MVP if the Giants hold on..

Lincecum
Renteria
Ross
Wilson

The Giants hit 162 home runs hitting half their games at ATT, the Rangers hit 162 as well. You can't call the Giants a powerless team without calling the Rangers the same. As for Renteria, I think his time off due to injury has helped him stay fresh for this series.
I didn't say they don't hit HRs, I said they score very few runs on HRs and score very few runs period.

The Rangers hit just as many, but scored more runs with each HR and have scored many more runs during the season. The Giants hit mostly solo shots with a bunch of guys hitting between 10 and 20, all back up players on other teams or players nobody else wanted. No real big threat in their lineup.

all back up players on other teams or players nobody else wanted. No real big threat in their lineup.

I guess you don't need a super star player to win the World Series. That's what's great about the 2010 Giants, you don't know who's gonna be the hero.

I guess you don't need a super star player to win the World Series. That's what's great about the 2010 Giants, you don't know who's gonna be the hero.
I agree. It is pitching that wins. Dodgers were the same in 1988 (although they did have the NL MVP playing for them).

Just like I said in the beginning of this thread. "The Giants pitching can take them all of the way."

I would take just about every Texas position player over any Giants position player with the exception of Huff and Posey. But good pitching can stop good hitting any day, that is why the Giants are winning. And the Giants have a better bench.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts