MLB Strike Zone to Launch

Maybe they want to give it a dress rehearsal. They did that with NFL RedZone, they added a freeview for a few weeks a bit after it started.

I'd like to see it in action before pulling the trigger on the MS package. I get everything I want sports related (besides Red Zone and NBC Sports Network) in DA Silver. And with it only being two nights per week I think I'll wait for a free preview.

I wish the Welcome Package would be allowed to pick up the multi sports package.....

We should add Multisports to any package... For me it really doesn't make sense because for example I have a package and want some channels on the Multisports pack that want to add... I need to upgrade to add it, and when I upgrade, I already have the channels that I wanted from Multisports :rolleyes:

juan said:
How about using one the ESPN Alt channels (I count 4) for baseball and hockey? They only need "4" 2 weeks out of the year at the most

Exactly my thoughts. Dish should map down MLB & NHL alt channels to these

We should add Multisports to any package... For me it really doesn't make sense because for example I have a package and want some channels on the Multisports pack that want to add... I need to upgrade to add it, and when I upgrade, I already have the channels that I wanted from Multisports :rolleyes:
True, but some of us like being able to have the channels already available on the normal packages, like FSC, without having to pay the extra $9.

Dish really doesn't want to keep people on the Welcome Package though. They want them to move up and to do that, they limit what can be added to it. But look at this though. Welcome Package with dvr, Multi-sports and BB@Home and you now have someone paying $40 a month. Unless Dish is losing money on Multi-sports and/or BB@Home (which I doubt), their making a nice profit on that customer. And it still would be one of the lower cost plans available from them. This would be a great option for a second home. I think Dish is missing the boat on this one.

True, but some of us like being able to have the channels already available on the normal packages, like FSC, without having to pay the extra $9.
I don't thinnk anyone is saying Dish should remove those channels from the normal packages. Just that there should be a way to get them with the Welcome Package.

Also dish is adding an alternete channel for MLBN, got an email today. Its lsted on the 5000 range maybe they will map it down since thwy made some room above MLBN in the channel line up

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

No matter who I've talked to with DISH I still do not receive any emails; and yes I've checked my JUNK folder....

Per Ray C@DISH NETWORK Response Team:

MLBSZ is available on channel 153 in our Multi-Sports package. It is available in SD and HD. The AT 120 Plus, DishLATINO Dos, and DISH America Silver or higher are required. The Multi-Sports package is available for $9 per month. Thanks.

I don't thinnk anyone is saying Dish should remove those channels from the normal packages. Just that there should be a way to get them with the Welcome Package.
Gotcha. I can see why they would hope for that. I don't see why Dish can't do that, if they bumped up the price for Multi-sport for those in the Welcome Package. I mean other than Dish's antiquated billing system that seems to be run on 19th century technology. ;)

Per Ray C@DISH NETWORK Response Team:MLBSZ is available on channel 153 in our Multi-Sports package. It is available in SD and HD. The AT 120 Plus, DishLATINO Dos, and DISH America Silver or higher are required. The Multi-Sports package is available for $9 per month. Thanks.
DISH AMERICA SILVER and not Bronze? Isn't that a bit of a scam? The "Big 4" (MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL) league networks and BTN are already included in DA Silver. And 120+ has Fuel, Fox Soccer and BTN included. So Dish won't let you get the Multi-sport package unless you're already getting some of those channels?

DISH AMERICA SILVER and not Bronze? Isn't that a bit of a scam? The "Big 4" (MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL) league networks and BTN are already included in DA Silver. And 120+ has Fuel, Fox Soccer and BTN included. So Dish won't let you get the Multi-sport package unless you're already getting some of those channels?

That's what I was saying.
I only wanted to have Fox Soccer and my local Fox Sports... But to add Multisports I need to upgrade to a package that already has those 2 channels... a package like $25 more a month.

A channel only for 2 nights a week that has live lookins? Doesn't MLB Tonight on the regular MLB Network do this every night?