MLB talk

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1964 by the Cleveland Browns. I know, I know...... everyone outside of Ohio doesn't realize Football started before the SuperBowl in 1967. Well here's a lesson for you folks with a short memory: The Brown's won 8 League Championships. 4 in the AAFC and 4 as an NFL Chanpionship.

Thanks for rubbing it in by the way. Our city has been deprived for far too long. Sooner or later one of our teams will break through. This is the most optimistic time in Cleveland for a while with the Cavs and Indians annually contending, not to mention the continued hope for the Browns following their promising draft.....

But the Lions have been even longer !!!!

Your turn Paul .

Jimbo

But the Lions have been even longer !!!!

Your turn Paul .

Jimbo

I was talking in ALL of Cleveland sports, not just the NFL. The last major championship any Cleveland Franchise has won was in 1964! I don't think people realize that. Sure the Lions never won a Super Bowl, but Detroit has the Pistons who've won plenty of Championships.

I was talking in ALL of Cleveland sports, not just the NFL. The last major championship any Cleveland Franchise has won was in 1964! I don't think people realize that. Sure the Lions never won a Super Bowl, but Detroit has the Pistons who've won plenty of Championships.

It must be hard to be a Cleveland fan all around when you have that scenario.

You are right. I am glad I am a Pistons, Lions and Tigers fan. For those who are Red Wing fans as well, its is not bad at all being a Detroit Sports fan!

1964 by the Cleveland Browns. I know, I know...... everyone outside of Ohio doesn't realize Football started before the SuperBowl in 1967. Well here's a lesson for you folks with a short memory: The Brown's won 8 League Championships. 4 in the AAFC and 4 as an NFL Chanpionship.

Thanks for rubbing it in by the way. Our city has been deprived for far too long. Sooner or later one of our teams will break through. This is the most optimistic time in Cleveland for a while with the Cavs and Indians annually contending, not to mention the continued hope for the Browns following their promising draft.....

You have my sympathy sir. Detroit has been blessed with some fine sports teams. Just wish we had a PROFESSIONAL football franchise. As for football championships, you are right about one thing; everyone acts like no championships existed before the Super Bowl. It's been so long here in Detroit, that most of the people who live here we're probably not alive when the Lions last won one. I seem to remember that the Lions and the Browns were pretty dominate teams back in those days, and faced each other for the championship a few times. Would be nice if that were true again.
Since this is a baseball thread, here's hoping my Tigers whip some Tribe behind next week. At the very least it will add some excitement to the hand ful of games that will follow.

Technically the Tigers haven't won since '84 and the Lions .. well you already know.
The Pistons and Red Wings have carried the town until last year.

Jimbo

Time to retire this thread and create a Playoff one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts