MLB Trade deadline/rumors thread

Yeah, they did just beat us 2 out of 3. If the Mets make a deal, then I won't worry about the Marlins. If they get Manny, you just know when the spotlight is on him, he'll deliver, just for himself.
BTW, Manny said the Sox don't deserve a player like him. Hey, he needs the Red Sox. Who else would put up with his crap?

Yeah, they did just beat us 2 out of 3. If the Mets make a deal, then I won't worry about the Marlins. If they get Manny, you just know when the spotlight is on him, he'll deliver, just for himself.
BTW, Manny said the Sox don't deserve a player like him. Hey, he needs the Red Sox. Who else would put up with his crap?

Exactly! Thank You :up

I'll tell you, Bill, based on your passion and arguments on your threads about Manny- I WANT HIM to go. Before, at least on some regard, it was Manny being Manny but you bring up valid points and your right. I think the fans are sick of him too, not based on what Manny did by pushing that guy to the ground but just of him crap in general.
Eventually, you just get tired of him. I will say I think Manny will rule the day he left Boston. He was a god in beantown-wherever he goes is he going to be reveared like he was in Boston. Manny did it to himself.

I'll tell you, Bill, based on your passion and arguments on your threads about Manny- I WANT HIM to go. Before, at least on some regard, it was Manny being Manny but you bring up valid points and your right. I think the fans are sick of him too, not based on what Manny did by pushing that guy to the ground but just of him crap in general.
Eventually, you just get tired of him. I will say I think Manny will rule the day he left Boston. He was a god in beantown-wherever he goes is he going to be reveared like he was in Boston. Manny did it to himself.

Mets,
You hit the nail on the head!!! I keep bringing up Manny pushing that man down, but it's all the crap in general that got me to this point. Listen, I used to LOVE Manny, but he has just gone too far, and the quote Cosmo provided earlier in this thread only fortifies that.

Manny or Brett: whose will-he-or-won't-he story is more annoying?

Brett's worse .....
Been going on for years now.
Would he just retire ....

At least Manny is still producing, he may look goofy doing it, but he's a hitting machine, of course after he gets settled in, in FLA his desire to be there may not stick around, we may be going thru this same thing in a few years again.

I would not worry to much about the Marlin's, they will get rid of everyone in a few years anyways.

Jimbo

And THAT is why you only get 10,000 a game.....when you build up a team....and then win MORE World Series than 98% percent of the teams in the last 10-11 years....you tend to shy away. Now, once the legal battles over the stadium are done.....and the BREAK GROUND on a new stadium.....I will ASSURE YOU that fans will come.

BREAKING NEWS:

White Sox Acquire Ken Griffey Jr.

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 7:08am CST]
From out of nowhere, the White Sox have acquired Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Rosenthal says the deal awaits Junior's approval. The fit is unclear, as the Sox have Carlos Quentin and Jermaine Dye in the corners and Jim Thome at DH. Perhaps they'll try Griffey at first base?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/07/eight-hours-to.html

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 7:01am CST]
Buckle up. We have eight hours to go until today's non-waiver trade deadline. My name is Tim Dierkes; I'm the author and creator of MLB Trade Rumors. I will guide you through the madness - just keep refreshing. All the good stuff will be posted here with a link as soon as it's available.
Full Story | Comments (2) | Categories:

BREAKING NEWS:

White Sox Acquire Ken Griffey Jr.

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 7:08am CST]
From out of nowhere, the White Sox have acquired Ken Griffey Jr. Ken Rosenthal says the deal awaits Junior's approval. The fit is unclear, as the Sox have Carlos Quentin and Jermaine Dye in the corners and Jim Thome at DH. Perhaps they'll try Griffey at first base?

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 7:01am CST]
Buckle up. We have eight hours to go until today's non-waiver trade deadline. My name is Tim Dierkes; I'm the author and creator of MLB Trade Rumors. I will guide you through the madness - just keep refreshing. All the good stuff will be posted here with a link as soon as it's available.
Full Story | Comments (2) | Categories:

Sox get Griffey! Where did this come from! OMG!

OMG! That's hysterical! The one thing about Manny is that he's always had a great sense of humor. Ironically, that trait has also lead to him wearing out his welcome in Bean-Town....

In spirit of Manny for Favre trade rumors. Here's a photoshop........

gb_manny.jpg

Manny Ramirez Rumors: Thursday

By Tim Dierkes [July 31 at 7:59am CST]
7:59am: Scott Miller of CBSSports.com hears that Ryan Tucker and Mike Stanton would not be in the deal. He says it's not done and talks could still collapse. By the way, the Pirates have tried to acquire Jeremy Hermida in the past.
7:17am: Here's the latest on the Manny Ramirez-Jason Bay-Jeremy Hermida three-way deal talks. At this time, the AP is saying there is no tentative agreement between the Red Sox, Pirates, and Marlins.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)