MLB Trade Deadline/Rumors

I am divided on this for the White Sox. Berkman is a better 1st basemen, but Dunn can play some outfield too.[/QUOTE]

You're kidding, right???...:confused:

If not, you obviously haven't seen him play the outfield much!!!...:eek:

I didn't say good. LOL! I am thinking in the perspective of 1 player, 2 positions. It is easier and economically smarter to have players play multiple position in this day and age of 25 man roster.

Let me clarify that...perfect weather ALL YEAR ROUND. :D ;)

Sandra
It does rain quite a bit in the winter. All of there rain falls in the winter. In between rain, the weather is usually pleasantly cool or mild

Yeah but how are the taxes? ;)
Property, state and federal income tax, sales tax, and fees on just about everything. Not as bad as LA County were sales tax is near 10%

Damn, It's hotter here in NW Ohio than it is in SD.

IF I could only AFFORD SD.
Anywhere in SoCal, you will have to pay over $700 to $800k for a decent house in a middle to upper middle class neighborhood and well over $1 million to live directly on the coast in a shack that is under 1,000 square feet.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/san-die...6,32.722353,-117.267054_rect/15_zm/1_rs/1_fr/

Here is one you can afford: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6350-Camino-De-La-Costa-La-Jolla-CA-92037/52514226_zpid/. Only $29 million

Last edited:
Yankees Acquire Lance Berkman

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 7:37pm CST]
7:37pm: The Astros will pay $4MM of the $7.5MM Berkman will make between his salary and the buyout, according to Sherman (Twitter link).
6:04pm: The Astros are picking up a lot of the money owed to Berkman and won't obtain top prospects in return, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney. The Yankees expect to make one or two more moves and continue working on trades (all Twitter links).
Berkman vetoed a trade to the White Sox, according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale (Twitter link).
5:09pm: The deal is done and Berkman has approved it, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Yankees have to wait 24 hours before the deal is officially complete because of Berkman's ten and five rights.
4:32pm: Berkman approved a possible deal to the Yanks earlier today, according to Rosenthal (on Twitter links). Rosenthal points out that Berkman has 24 hours to approve a deal, thanks to his ten and five rights. That means we won't likely hear an official announcement today.
4:20pm: The deal is "imminent," according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (on Twitter).

I would agree....but what are they looking for between Dunn and Berkman....homeruns or a better hitter/fielder?

Moot point now. I would have gone for the better hitter. Too bad he didn't want to come here. Sox are a good Home Run Hitting team. I like the line drive/avg hitter. Plus, Dunn is a rental. I wouldn't give up what Washington is asking for 2 months.

Yankees Acquire Lance Berkman

By Ben Nicholson-Smith [July 30 at 7:37pm CST]
7:37pm: The Astros will pay $4MM of the $7.5MM Berkman will make between his salary and the buyout, according to Sherman (Twitter link).
6:04pm: The Astros are picking up a lot of the money owed to Berkman and won't obtain top prospects in return, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney. The Yankees expect to make one or two more moves and continue working on trades (all Twitter links).
Berkman vetoed a trade to the White Sox, according to USA Today's Bob Nightengale (Twitter link).
5:09pm: The deal is done and Berkman has approved it, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post. The Yankees have to wait 24 hours before the deal is officially complete because of Berkman's ten and five rights.
4:32pm: Berkman approved a possible deal to the Yanks earlier today, according to Rosenthal (on Twitter links). Rosenthal points out that Berkman has 24 hours to approve a deal, thanks to his ten and five rights. That means we won't likely hear an official announcement today.
4:20pm: The deal is "imminent," according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (on Twitter).

This trad makes little sense to me. Is there something wrong with Teixeira? They have 3 1st basemen and 4 DHs?:confused:

Flurry of moves today:

Yanks pick up Kerry Wood ON TOP of Bergman. Cards pick up Westbrook from the Indians. Dodgers pick up a slew of players: Ted Lilly, Ryan Theriot AND $2.5 million from the Cubs and Octavio Dottel from the Pirates. Braves pick up Rick Ankiel and Kyle Farnsworth from KC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)