MLBEI - Replays on RSNs included?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishbd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Quick question about MLBEI on D*. Some RSNs show a replay of that nights game later in the night or the next day. If you subscribe to MLBEI, do you get to see these? Or do you need to have both the Sports Pack and MLBEI? I would assume that if you do have both then you would get the replays.

Thanks in advance!

IIRC when I had it last year you only get any live games, no repeats, even if you have the Sports channel package and MLB-EI.

IIRC when I had it last year you only get any live games, no repeats, even if you have the Sports channel package and MLB-EI.

Yes, you can however watch the EI games on the RSNs, however only when they are on. Best I remember anyway

Best from memory, replays are generally blacked out for out-of-market, regardless of EI or SP.

I agree with the other guys :)

I've noticed that for some reason the Nat replays are in the clear, but haven't noticed this with any other teams. Strange. Would love more info on this. I wish they would let all replays go in the clear. I understand why they do it, they don't want people not subscribing to EI and then just watching the replay on the RSN if they have the sports pack. Can't they just freaking back out the replay for sports pack subscribers? What gives!

I could watch hockey and basketball replays on all RSN's when I had Sports Pack, and I did NOT have NHLCI OR NBALP. None of them on any FSN affiliates were ever in HD though. CSN and independent ones were though.

Baseball works differently (SURPRISE!!!!! ) than all other sports.

In other sports, with the Sports Pack, you will see reruns of games. Only LIVE sports are blacked out.

In Baseball, regardless of if you have the Sports Pack and/or MLBEI you will NOT see reruns of out-of-market games. MLBEI only includes live content, and the Sports Pack out-of-market RSNs are still required to black out game reruns. The only exception is games edited to less than 2 hour time slot, which get classed as "highlight shows".

Baseball works differently (SURPRISE!!!!! ) than all other sports.

In other sports, with the Sports Pack, you will see reruns of games. Only LIVE sports are blacked out.

In Baseball, regardless of if you have the Sports Pack and/or MLBEI you will NOT see reruns of out-of-market games. MLBEI only includes live content, and the Sports Pack out-of-market RSNs are still required to black out game reruns. The only exception is games edited to less than 2 hour time slot, which get classed as "highlight shows".

Interesting, I don't think the Nats were a condensed replay, I could be wrong and I'll have to check on that, because for some reason that still comes in the clear on replays. As far as basketball goes, I think they've changed it in the past year or two maybe, because replays are also blacked out. For example, you can get Knicks in 60 which is a condensed version of the game like you were saying. However, right after that they show the replay and bam, right to black.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)