MLBEI Saturday Schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smaug07

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 3, 2007
Why does it seem as if the out of market MLB package is the only out of market package that has double standards? With both NBA League Pass and NHL Center Ice, the schedule and broadcast feeds seem identical for satellite, cable, and internet. Yet with MLB there always seems to be discrepancies. As an example, the practice in the past has been to have all MLB out of market games played before 7PM Eastern Time on Saturday blacked out from being shown in the EI package due to FOX exclusivity on Saturdays. Although I have never agreed or liked this practice, I have come to accept this during the season. However, a quick review of MLB.TV's web site shows that it will not black out games that start prior to 1:10PM EDT on Saturday. Therefore, three games that start today at 1:05, 1:05, and 1:10 respectively will be shown on MLB.TV while both DirecTV and InDemand are blacked out from showing these games. What the hell gives? I am only looking for some sort of equality, which I guess will never happen with MLBEI. I know it's only three games, but why should MLB.TV subs be allowed to see these games while the rest of us are under a "national blackout" due to FOX? I for one am getting sick and tired of the games MLB is playing with this package. I very much enjoy MLBEI on D* but there definitely needs to be some sort of standard that all parties involved can come up with. If Saturday afternoon baseball is exclusively reserved for FOX then so be it, just please have everybody play by the same rules.

Well DirecTV and Dish, etc only do what they are instructed to do by contract (they do not make the rules); That being said this line as it relates to the way MLB does business is true and funny at the same time; not because of you, but because of THEM.

"there definitely needs to be some sort of standard that all parties involved can come up with"

I asked a leader in their sports department about the Saturday 1pm games a few weeks ago. It is iron-clad in their contract with MLB that Saturday - no games until 7pm est. They asked MLB if they could do it different, and I never heard a response back on it, but given they are not showing I'm sure they were denied.

MLB's contract with MLB advanced media (mlb.tv) changed to allow it. MLB has stated that the owners will review blackout rules this off-season, so that is the soonest we can hope to see a change, 2009 that is. It is not hard for MLB to change contracts with themselves :rolleyes:

Cable should have the same restrictions as DirecTV.

It would be nice (but not likely) if they'd let EI subscribers watch mlb.tv games free for Saturday games before 7 p.m. This is frustrating. I had mlb.tv last season because I was stuck in a Dish Network contract (that expired this March). And, of course, the blackout was going on on mlb.tv. Argh. Unless your RSN or WGN has a game, it's no baseball until the Fox game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)