Mobile DVR/Full Streaming on Computers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kevincburns

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
Norman, OK
Long time lurker, infrequent poster here. I've enjoyed the added feature of Mobile DVR and full streaming through the HR44/HR54 since it launched in September.

However, there's one part I'm missing: extending the feature to browsers on laptops (PC/Mac/ChromeOS). For the Mac, I've tried the old GenieGO program to no success. My workaround has been to use Bluestacks (Android emulator) to use the DIRECTV Android app to view DVR programs and all my channels instead of only a select few. But this method is clunky and doesn't consistently work, often freezing 20-30 minutes in.

Similarly, I got a new Chromebook that has beta support for Android apps and the DIRECTV app is one that isn't really working so far. Even if it does work better eventually, it's still not optimal.

All that said, is there any hope for Mobile DVR + full streaming being available in browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. so it could be viewed on computers? For my personal desires, I don't even need to download the DVR programs, just being able to stream them from my web browser would be great (and similar to what DISH offers with Sling integrated).

Hoping for some development on this front soon!

Long time lurker, infrequent poster here. I've enjoyed the added feature of Mobile DVR and full streaming through the HR44/HR54 since it launched in September.

However, there's one part I'm missing: extending the feature to browsers on laptops (PC/Mac/ChromeOS). For the Mac, I've tried the old GenieGO program to no success. My workaround has been to use Bluestacks (Android emulator) to use the DIRECTV Android app to view DVR programs and all my channels instead of only a select few. But this method is clunky and doesn't consistently work, often freezing 20-30 minutes in.

Similarly, I got a new Chromebook that has beta support for Android apps and the DIRECTV app is one that isn't really working so far. Even if it does work better eventually, it's still not optimal.

All that said, is there any hope for Mobile DVR + full streaming being available in browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. so it could be viewed on computers? For my personal desires, I don't even need to download the DVR programs, just being able to stream them from my web browser would be great (and similar to what DISH offers with Sling integrated).

Hoping for some development on this front soon!
As far as just watching shows on your computer, just log into your account and click on the Watch tab, it will pull up all the shows that are available.
You can also set up Recordings from there.

If your trying to watch what's on your DVR, don't know if you can do that yet.

Yeah, the shows section is helpful if they're available on demand but if I DVR a sporting or other live event, those usually aren't available so it would be great if the DVR was available to access :)

Mobile DVR is NOT available on windows. I use the Nox android emulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)