Mobile locals in Auburn?

sasiki

Original poster
Oct 3, 2010
Mobile, AL
I have a similar question but I'm on DISH. I live in Mobile, AL locals and also tailgate in Auburn. I have a 3 LNB dish 1000.4 on 61.5, 72.7 and 77. I am new to satellites so I don't really understand any of it. I was locked on to all 3 satellites but when i tried to watch a local station, it said that the channel was currently unavailable and not to call DISH. They were working on the issue. When I got back home today, locals work fine. I assume it's something to do with the spotbeaming. I don't care about my own locals though while up in Auburn. I'd like to pick up Auburn locals so we can watch those channels without having to find some rabbit ears. On the signal meter screen, I didn't choose a particular transponder. I just made sure it locked onto all satellites. The transponder actually kept changing while I was trying to align the dish.

Maybe I should have just pressed the reset button on my DISH 722k HD receiver. Any ideas?

Again, I know this is a DirectTV forum, but some of the questions for dish/direct probably carry over to the other provider as well.

And War Eagle!

I moved this post from a thread in the DIrectv area to the Dish area. Even though it was the same question (Mobile locals in Auburn), the sat footprints for locals are different for Directv and Dish so hopefully the Dish folks can help out

Thanks. I have been reading for the last hour and came across something that may solve my problem. I was trying to tune into the same channel numbers as I do at home for my locals. It seems that the Auburn locals will be different channels. I will be back up there in 2 weeks for the Arkansas game. I'll try it and see what happens :)

Auburn is probably out of the spotbeam to get our locals.. So you are not going to get any locals when you go up there.. Sorry. Tuning to the channels that Auburn gets won't do you any good..

You can get Montgomery locals in Auburn with no problem with an antenna. My father-in-law(Aub season ticket holder) uses my second Dish receiver and VIP 211. He gets Montgomery locals on the Dish but we've used a small antenna before. Get yourself a small amplified antenna and put it on top of something so nonbody walks in front of it. Hook it to your Dish receiver and run a scan. BTW, you can get the 110, 119, and 129 easily in Auburn.

Roll Tide!

Your 722 will only tune to the local (SAT) channels you are subscribing to, so out of market locals won't come in. Now if you have the OTA module you can scan for any local channels off a TV antenna and probably have a great picture.

Hmm, was hoping to get some sort of locals (even out of market would have been okay) on the Dish. There are always some good games on while we are at the Auburn games. It'd be nice to record them while i'm at our game. I'm guessing this would be possible with the OTA module. I may have to look into that. Thanks guys.

I hooked up an antenna last week but just directly to the TV.

Sasiki,

Since you mentioned wanting to record games, it might be in your best interest to add a solo receiver on your account to take with you traveling, and leave the 722k at home to record.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)