Monoprice Fraud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I was hit with this problem a month or so ago. I ALWAYS check my account daily, and noticed 2 charges. One from Victoria's Secret and one from I-tunes. I contacted the credit union as soon as they opened. I also contacted Victoria's Secret which was able to contact UPS and intercepted the package that was overnighted. The credit union gave me a new card the same day they cancelled the old one. I also was able to get all my money back the same day too. I used a debit card but since its a "Master Card" debit, I am protected just like a credit card. But I will still get my cables from Monoprice. This can happen to any company.

Yea I was hit with this problem a month or so ago. I ALWAYS check my account daily, and noticed 2 charges. One from Victoria's Secret and one from I-tunes. I contacted the credit union as soon as they opened. I also contacted Victoria's Secret which was able to contact UPS and intercepted the package that was overnighted. The credit union gave me a new card the same day they cancelled the old one. I also was able to get all my money back the same day too. I used a debit card but since its a "Master Card" debit, I am protected just like a credit card. But I will still get my cables from Monoprice. This can happen to any company.
None of you have been asked to fill out any kind of paper work from your credit card company to say you didn't make the charges? I have to and it's a pain in the rump. I just find interesting and disturbing that who ever stole is still using the information. That is very troubling. That might be the reason Monoprice sent me a free year of ID Theft Protection from some company.

None of you have been asked to fill out any kind of paper work from your credit card company to say you didn't make the charges? I have to and it's a pain in the rump. I just find interesting and disturbing that who ever stole is still using the information. That is very troubling. That might be the reason Monoprice sent me a free year of ID Theft Protection from some company.
Yea, they filled out a form for me, I just had to sign it. It was painless. But something I really would not want to go though again. The night I found out about the charges I couldn't get any sleep.

One funny thing was that Victoria's Secret wouldn't give me ANY info except that it wasn't going to my address. But when I called them back the automated system sniffed out my phone number as a current order in process and gave me the order number, the items ordered and a UPS tracking number. Its funny a real person wouldn't give me that info but a computer could.

Yea, they filled out a form for me, I just had to sign it. It was painless. But something I really would not want to go though again. The night I found out about the charges I couldn't get any sleep.

One funny thing was that Victoria's Secret wouldn't give me ANY info except that it wasn't going to my address. But when I call them back the automated system sniffed out my phone number as a current order in process and gave me the order number, the items ordered and a UPS tracking number. Its funny a real person wouldn't give me that info but a computer could.
So if this happened about a month ago the credit card information must be all over the place. Who knows how many people may have it. If it was just one person they would have nabbed them by now. I don't have anything against Monoprice but I would like to have them tell us more about what is going on.

I'm waiting to purchase from them.... but I doubt they'll ever have this switch in stock. Wish I could find out who makes this switch for them and buy it from somewhere else. I've read the reviews and such, and this is exactly what I need. argghhhh..... I could go with another switch but I would need a toslink extractor for the cable running to the TV.

For only $41.62 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 4X1 HDMI 1.3b Certified Switcher with Toslink & Digital Coaxial port | Auto/Powered HDMI Switches

..... I used a debit card but since its a "Master Card" debit, I am protected just like a credit card....

Perhaps by company policy, but debit cards are not protected like credit cards under the law.

My credit union 'Visa' debit card acts like a visa when I use it on-line. I have a choice at local stores, Visa or debit. It still all comes out of my checking account.

My credit union 'Visa' debit card acts like a visa when I use it on-line. I have a choice at local stores, Visa or debit. It still all comes out of my checking account.

Unless it is a true credit card you are not covered under the law. Although as pointed out above an individual company may choose to give you those benefits. Just get a credit card so that no one has acces to your checking account.

Is it safe to buy from them now?

I would say ebay/paypal and you are fine. I ordered cable in February from the off ebay and used paypal and had no problems, but of course that could have been before their march issues.

it's also funny that I saved about $3 for the cable delivered than I would have paid for cable/delivery directly from their website so I plan to use ebay in the future for purchases from monoprice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)