NADER fraud outside supermarket

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
I generally avoid signing petitions, mostly because of what happened to someone I knew once who signed one. 'Nother story for a different day. But today, I was approached outside a supermarket by a young lady in a low cut blouse who asked if my wife and I would like to sign a petition to encourage more train traffic and less car traffic. Thinking this might translate into an expanded metro (subway) system around here, I considered signing. Right at the top, I noticed "electors" and "Ralph Nader." I said I thought this was a petition for more trains, and she said, with some guy who appeared (& may have been coaching her) that these people at the top would work for more trains (or some such).

Realizing she was lying to me, and the petition was to get enough signatures to get Ralphie on the Virginia ballot, I handed it back to her and went inside to buy one thing. I saw someone who looked official, and asked if they were a manager. "No, but he's right outside." I told them what was going on, and that person went to share with the manager outside. As we checked out and were leaving, I was informed that the manager said he had not authorized them to do anything and they were gone.

So Ralph Nader's people are so desperate they're trying deceit to get his name on the ballot?

If you want to vote for a Ralphie for president, vote for Ralphie May. It takes a big man to be president. ;)

I generally avoid signing petitions, mostly because of what happened to someone I knew once who signed one. 'Nother story for a different day. But today, I was approached outside a supermarket by a young lady in a low cut blouse who asked if my wife and I would like to sign a petition to encourage more train traffic and less car traffic. Thinking this might translate into an expanded metro (subway) system around here, I considered signing. Right at the top, I noticed "electors" and "Ralph Nader." I said I thought this was a petition for more trains, and she said, with some guy who appeared (& may have been coaching her) that these people at the top would work for more trains (or some such).

Realizing she was lying to me, and the petition was to get enough signatures to get Ralphie on the Virginia ballot, I handed it back to her and went inside to buy one thing. I saw someone who looked official, and asked if they were a manager. "No, but he's right outside." I told them what was going on, and that person went to share with the manager outside. As we checked out and were leaving, I was informed that the manager said he had not authorized them to do anything and they were gone.

So Ralph Nader's people are so desperate they're trying deceit to get his name on the ballot?

If you want to vote for a Ralphie for president, vote for Ralphie May. It takes a big man to be president. ;)
1 vote for Nader is one less for Bam-bam!!

Not supposed to discuss politics in this forum. It's expressly forbidden.

If he is being deceitful, he would fit right in, and that would be more Status Quo....

I think you should have signed the petition, you still could vote for others and it gives another Option. Options are not necessarily a bad thing...????
I wouldn't vote for Ralph, unless he was the only option against McCain and Obama. I'm certainly not voting for either of them..!!!
On another note, you certainly did the right thing, if you feel Ralph Nader would actually take votes from your Candidate....

I really didn't want this thread to be political. It's just the idea of misrepresentation that bugs me. We all have to be aware of what is actually on the paper we consider signing, and not what the person claims is there.

I really didn't want this thread to be political. It's just the idea of misrepresentation that bugs me. We all have to be aware of what is actually on the paper we consider signing, and not what the person claims is there.

Always good advice, whether it be a petition, a consent for services agreement, or even a mastercard receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)