Monoprice Fraud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why people use their debit cards online... I don't even hand my debit card to a waiter at a restaurant. Credit card all the way... I just pay it off every month to prevent any interest and I get the reward points too...win win.

Speaking of monoprice... does anyone know where to buy a switch like this? They have an ETA of 4/27... I really don't feel like waiting that long but this switch with the toslink out would work perfect not to mention I could buy a set of wireless headphones and hook them up to this!

Mine was one of the numbers that was stolen it appears. The bank informed me of some attempted charges that were made. Fortunately it appears that nothing went through. If so though, I will not be liable, so good job First State Bank!!!!! lol

Got hit with some charge from zznetwork, about $20. I can only assume it was due to monoprice. Had last purchased from monoprice late November. Card canceled, and amounts credited back. Just a hassle as I have about 5 bills autopaid with this card that I'll have to fix.

So far they have not been able to find any problems within their network but that does not eliminate an employee with a concealed thumb drive or passport drive or a problem at the CC processor.

Fyi last night I had charges on my account for about $300. Blizzard ent , Apple, hotfile. It fits the pattern of charges from people who had info stolen from Monoprice. CHECK YOUR ACCOUNTS!!!

Just checked my credit card. Looks like my data is safe (for now.) I'll still use this site. I need to order a 25 ft HDMI cord and I shudder to think what the price of this would be at another store...

So who ever stole the information is still using it. I need to contact Monoprice today and tell them about this. They still haven't found out who did it if the person or persons is still using the credit cards.

I've made two orders since they came back online and so far haven't had any issues. Not really concerned if I do. Once call to Amex and they go away. Not something worth losing any sleep over as far as I'm concerned.

About two weeks ago I got some kind of Id Theft program courtesy of Monoprice . Bank of America sent me a email about the charges. Bank of America is sending me paper work to fill out. I have no idea what happen but the person or persons haven't been caught seeing it happened just yesterday . I'm guessing it's more then one person.

Fortunately the card I've used with Monoprice in the past expired in January, so since they (the hackers) don't have the new date and last 4, I'm pretty much safe.

I would recommend that anyone who used Monoprice prior to the shutdown have their card replaced.

I always pay via PayPal. Then you only have to worry about PayPal screwing you over! But, since I'm not a dealer, that doesn't happen much to me anymore. :D

Get the buy and fill credit cards like they sell at Walmart, $3 to get it and then you fill it and use it when ever you need it, its not linked to any critical information and if something happens you can dump it.

Again, I don't understand why people are so worried about this. The one time that my card (it was actually my Amex) had any fraudulent charges on it I was not out any money and they overnighted me a new card so I was "inconvenienced" for less than 24 hours. That is one of the reasons why you use credit cards instead of debit cards. What's the big deal?

Exactly... I had this happen a while back with some battery website. They got a $2 charge through but the $500 one failed. The CC company contacted me and they sent me a new card and unfroze my account once the new card was activated.

I got a free 3 yr credit monitoring thing out of the deal that actually helped me with some other unrelated things.

Again, I don't understand why people are so worried about this. The one time that my card (it was actually my Amex) had any fraudulent charges on it I was not out any money and they overnighted me a new card so I was "inconvenienced" for less than 24 hours. That is one of the reasons why you use credit cards instead of debit cards. What's the big deal?
Well. Some won't notice the charges. Believe me. Not everyone checks the charges on Credit Card statements. Now Monoprice appears to not have caught the person or persons because almost a month later and someone charged on my card. I didn't think this was a big deal at first but it makes me wonder if the people who stole is could try other cards months of even a year from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)