Monoprice Fraud

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happens more then you think. Many times it's never reported from the company. Monoprice won't lose my business because this could happen to anyone.

I'm really surprised this hasn't been in the news more. I and another friend experienced what others are complaining about. I'm lucky it was only a few iTunes charges and the bank caught it as some are complaining on Monoprice's Facebook page of having thousands of dollars in charges made to their cards. Some were debit cards which cleared out their entire bank accounts. I loved their products and their prices. But until Monoprice admits to the source of the fraud and shows they have taken care of it, I would not shop with them again.

Thanks for sharing. I use monoprice on a regular basis and as of now do not have any fraudulent charges on my account. I'm actually impressed that they were willing to take the site down to make sure they get it fixed. I love their products (and prices) and will continue to shop there. Just another reason to only use a credit card to make purchases online (as opposed to a debit card).

I needed some HDMI cables a month or two ago and ended up just buying them from Amazon since I have Prime and an account and everything with them - Amazon.com: Amazon Basics: Electronics

Also, you have known problems if you take your site down like this, this isn't normal. This is much more than 'oh they're checking us out to make sure'. Their shopping cart is much more telling:

The Monoprice website is unable to accept any orders (which includes order via phone, or livechat) while we correct some problems and perform maintenance.

I've bought from MonoPrice.com a lot. Never had a problem.
Back in October I bought a box of candy from Macy's.com and a few days later the fraud department of my bank shut down my card because they seen 3 internet purchases within 75 minutes totaling over $800.00. One of the purchases, the last one, was at Macy's.com. Luckily, because of my banks quickness, I had everything corrected in about a week.
Ghpr13:)

I would not hestate to shop atMonoprice again, but to be cautious -

1.. Only use a credit card.
2. Even better, use a temporary credit card number with a $$$ limit.

I love them too. I've been using paypal lately whenever possible. I changed my paypal password because of this and got their secure ID, but I'll be back when they get it fixed. :)

Monoprice has the best prices for HDMI cables.. I order before 2pm and receive the next day promptly.

Never, ever ever use a debit card for internet purchases. If there is fraud, you have to take action to get your money back and in the mean time your back account is cleared out with other checks and debits bouncing at $39 fees each until you prove fraud.

With credit cards you are liable for a maximum $50 (in many cases $0) and the burden is on the credit card companies, not you and you are never out any money while the fraud is investigated.

Have used them in the past and have had no issues.

I always try to use a temporary, one time use only, CC for online purchases and that helps to not have to worry about these things.

I purchased many cables from monoprice.com over the years and never had a problem, but I haven't needed to buy anything from them in the past couple years. However, monoprice.com has due-care and due-diligence obligations (legal standard) to protect their customer's privacy and credit card information. As such, any customer victimized by monoprice's negligence is free to seek legal recourse.

I still don't understand why people use their debit cards online... I don't even hand my debit card to a waiter at a restaurant. Credit card all the way... I just pay it off every month to prevent any interest and I get the reward points too...win win.

Speaking of monoprice... does anyone know where to buy a switch like this? They have an ETA of 4/27... I really don't feel like waiting that long but this switch with the toslink out would work perfect not to mention I could buy a set of wireless headphones and hook them up to this!

HDMI Cable, Home Theater Accessories, HDMI Products, Cables, Adapters, Video/Audio Switch, Networking, USB, Firewire, Printer Toner, and more!

55573.jpg

Since I help run an online store this kind of thing worries me and I feel for Monoprice. Working to keep customers information private is a lot of work and no matter how good your security is I am sure there is always a way for people to break in and get what they want.

Kind of scarry though!

As I said I feel for Monoprice and when them come back online I will not hesitate to shop from them again.

Ordered from Monoprice once and can't say I'd be enthusiastic to do it again. I picked two-day shipping, never got it. On the 2nd day looked at the tracking number and it hadn't shipped. Called them and was promised immediate shipping, that was on a Thursday. By the next Monday they still hadn't shipped and I called again, they promised to overnight it. They did, but I didn't get it until Wednesday. So I placed an order for 2-day shipping on a Monday night (after EOB), with 2 day shipping expected to get it Thursday - never got it until the following Wednesday.

And then when I got it in, it was the wrong item, had to call them back and they did overnight a new one, of course it didn't get delivered until after EOB Wednesday so that one didn't come in until Friday.

Would have been nice if they had at least offered to refund my shipping.

Seems like this is not a common occurrence with them but it was a bad first experience and I'm not likely to go back.

I feel for them. My experience has always been positive. I need some cables, any suggestions on a source while they get straightend out?

Ordered from them in February and last weekend got a call from my credit card company asking about some charges that I hadn't made. Luckely they were all denied.. Always had good luck with them before this..

Status
Not open for further replies.