Monsters HD online petition

I don't watch Sci fi. I find the quality to be lacking. Either that or my tastes do not agree with what's on.

OK looking at this petition ,and only reviewing Half the signed list Tell me what these names next to these numbers have in common. (1621,1622) (1584,1585,1586) (1573,1575) (1249,1250) (1148,1149) (1031,1020) and (788,798). Keeping in mind I only glanced at the list and posted the ones that were on the same page or right next to each other. Do some of you wonder why Dishnetwork or anyone else that can read, might not have taken this Petition serious? Oh and if you happen to look at signature 517 let us know what it says.

I see this guy doing most of em..
slob.jpg

BRING BACK MY ZOOM!!!1!

I lol'd at 517.

Short answer to the junk signatures. It is just like this site, you have people that have nothing better to do but ruin a thread with postings something meant just to belittle other peoples tastes/posts. It seems like the same on this thread. "My view is the right one, everyone else must be crazy." You do not like Voom /Monsters hd ...fine. But when you come on this thread just to belittle, so are in the same group IMO. You cant keep those people off this site and can not keep them off the peition site either.

I am with you, I have no problem with people not agreeing with me, I just dont like the ones that do it to start an argument or belittle others. I mean if you hate Voom state that you hate Voom and thats it.

I have heard from someone at Dish that the only people calling about VOOM are the ones who already called in many times before.

I also hear the complaints were a lot less then they expected to get.

I would love to see Rainbow Media shut down VOOM and offer some of the channels as stand alone channels, as companies will more likely take a few channels instead of them beiing forced to take all 15. This is the only way I can see channels like Monsters HD surviving.

I have heard from someone at Dish that the only people calling about VOOM are the ones who already called in many times before.

I would love to see Rainbow Media shut down VOOM and offer some of the channels as stand alone channels, as companies will more likely take a few channels instead of them beiing forced to take all 15. This is the only way I can see channels like Monsters HD surviving.

Scott,

If thats what it takes to get my beloved Monster channel and Rave back
Im all for it!

To me that would be the best case, as long as they can offer MonstersHD again I would take that in heart beat.

would they say otherwise? ;)
I agree. The only way to know the truth is for Dish Network to avail their call logs to independent audit. However, we all know that only a small percentage of disgruntled customers ever file a complaint...and, I doubt but only the most fervent VOOM fans will register more than one complaint. That's just human nature.

Personally, I would like to see E* conduct business above the board and in an ethical fashion. As much as I disagree with the cheesedick TiVo patents, the folks at TiVo have no other option than to ask the court to enforce the order and shutdown all infringing DVRs along with those DVRs being only colorably different . Poetic justice would be for TiVo to license their technology to E*, but only in a 15-year agreement...and require E* to pay a $500M security deposit since agreements apparently mean nothing to them.

I would love to see Monsters, Equator, Rave and other VOOM channels being carried by various cable/sat providers (especially FiOS TV)...but I don't think James Dolen (the Cablevision Anti-Midas) will allow VOOM to bleed much longer without the backing of E*; he will simply pull the plug. Offhand, it is much cheaper for VOOM to litigate this matter over the next few years since the payoff potential is huge, and the investment (legal fees) will be funded with, if nothing else, payments that E* owes VOOM for programming services from 1 Feb - 14 May.

Anyway, who the heck knows! I just don't see VOOM coming back to E* anytime soon...if ever.

I am with you, I dont see them comming back even though I wish they would. I am trying to stay positive and go with what Scott said about the possibility they may one day keep a couple of the channels and sell them off like how IFC is.

I think they believe it's in their best interests to diminish the VOOM uproar as much as possible. Remember, this is from the outfit that stated somewhee that their subscribers are clamoring for Cricket matches on Dish.

The csr I spoke to when I called to complain about losing MONSTER HD could have been lying. She told me she(alone) had taken almost 100 calls about subs wanting MOSNTERS to be returned and that they were being logged.

Instead of Petitioning Dish Network to bring back Monsters...

...perhaps we should petition VOOM to make Monsters, and the entire VOOM lineup for that matter, free to all MSOs (cable, satellite and telcos) for the next year! As I recall, VOOM owns the movie rights to a lot of the movies they convered to HD in addition to creating their own content since 2003. Plus they can loop their content to keep down costs...after all, it's new to the 98% of the HD viewing public who haven't already seen it. Does anyone have the email addresses for Charles Dolen (CEO Cablevision), Joshua Sapan (CEO Rainbow Media Holdings), Robert Broussard (President Rainbow Network Sales), and Greg Moyer (GM VOOM HD Networks)...?

VOOM can feel free to battle it out with E* in the courts for the next several years. However, in the meantime, this may be a golden opportunity to VOOM to market their wares to others. Wouldn't it be funny to see all 15 VOOM channels pop-up on DirecTV and FiOS TV in the coming weeks.:)

I am all for this, there are many movies that they have on MonstersHD that I know I will not see on Blu-ray I would like to see some of the channels back they dont have to keep all 15.

yeah, back a few weeks I talked to a CSR that said she has had many complaints and it was getting old.

Yeah when I was on the phone with them the other day, they said they had a few, can we stop with VOOM now? They were worthless anyway, I agreee with others who said it would be ok to have one or 2 channels of them, but thats it, move on

Yeah when I was on the phone with them the other day, they said they had a few, can we stop with VOOM now? They were worthless anyway, I agreee with others who said it would be ok to have one or 2 channels of them, but thats it, move on
You read a Voom thread and then complain and ask for the thread to stop?

Go read something you are in favor of and get over not being able to control everyone on the forum.

:rolleyes:

You read a Voom thread and then complain and ask for the thread to stop?

Go read something you are in favor of and get over not being able to control everyone on the forum.

:rolleyes:
Pretty soon the Anti-VOOM complainists will be asking moderators to move VOOM threads over to the Programming Forum since these channels are no longer carried by Dish Network.:rolleyes:

No, that will never happen. Voom will live forever on this board. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts