Monsters HD online petition

IMHO - Sci-Fi HD is the best SD to HD conversion I have ever seen.

They keep ALL aspect ratios! SD looks better!

Sci-Fi HD is a good one, but no Monsters HD

I WISH they kept the aspect ratios, otherwise I would be recording from them a lot more often.

I can't comment. But let's just say that Rainbow Media has a lot more to lose than Dish. Just imagine the production and employees afected by this. Yes, Dish asked that they come back but only at Dish's terms. That is, destroyed the first contract and let's renogatiate. This is not what RM wants. They want the original contract. This is why they will rather go to court than to get a new contract.

Moreover, let's not make Dish look like a Saint here. The bottom line was that they did not want to pay the contract. The contract was very lucrative for RM but only in the future. This is what Dish did not want - to pay all that money later on. We are caught in the middle of it all because we (at least some of us) want the programming but here are two companies that do not want to come to an agreement and therefore this is where it will end up. This case will not be resolved on this board.

I can't comment. But let's just say that Rainbow Media has a lot more to lose than Dish. Just imagine the production and employees afected by this. Yes, Dish asked that they come back but only at Dish's terms. That is, destroyed the first contract and let's renogatiate. This is not what RM wants. They want the original contract. This is why they will rather go to court than to get a new contract.

I guess it'll be the courts who decide, though, who "destroyed" the contract. Some would say that Voom's disregard for the spending portion of the contract puts the blame firmly on them.

I guess it'll be the courts who decide, though, who "destroyed" the contract. Some would say that Voom's disregard for the spending portion of the contract puts the blame firmly on them.

Again I am quoting the Document that V* file. In it it said that Dish wanted to break the document and get a better deal. Dish did not try this once but more than once. As I said before, I would like to read a real court paper from Dish Network and read what they have to say. I am not saying hear say but an actual document from Dish counteracting the Voom document. Not that it will resolve the problem but from my perspective I would like to have that as a good read so that we can discuss with some information rather that hear says or "rumor" statements.

Last edited:
Remember , this all started with dish taking Voom off the Basic Tier, without consulting Voom. I wonder if Dish would have asked (maybe they did).. this could have been avoided, or at least divide Voom onto the teirs where a presence would be there on all tiers( top five on basic ,next five a next teir...). That way Voom is still on basic and dish can still Tier,Which lets face it...that is what this is all about. I guess we will never know.

I hope Rainbow Media figures something out and works out a deal or tries to market a couple of their channels rather than all 15.

I hope Rainbow Media figures something out and works out a deal or tries to market a couple of their channels rather than all 15.

Yeah, 15 is too many. None of these companies have the room. 4-5 would be more appropriate. I only care about Monsters though.

1 is good enough for me lol. I think with money put into MonstersHD KungFuHD, Equator and any other ones they would be much better and I think anyone would apreciate them.

I WISH they kept the aspect ratios, otherwise I would be recording from them a lot more often.

What I mean, for Sci-Fi HD

When they broadcast SD Pan and Scan, it is kept at 3:4 vs. stretch-o-vision distortion.

When they broadcast HD, they maintain either 1:85 or 2:35 aspect ratios.

No images are distorted.

They just need more HD content, which will be easy for Sci-Fi since they tent to by cheap horror/sci-fi movie content through independent film festivals (re-released as a Sci-Fi Original) and Loins Gate.

I cannot accept Sci-Fi HD as aa substitute for Monsters.

Monsters had an eclectic selection of unedited movies.

Sci-Fi has content that it unbelievably poor. Last weekend, I tried to watch some original production about some aliens destroying the ozone layer, who were eventually blown away. I could not make it more than half way through.

I am convinced that the Sci-Fi channel killed Isaac Asimov. When the channel started out originally, Asimov contracted to become its spokesperson. However, it is my theory that once he realized the content that he was associated with, he died from shock.

Keith

Sci-Fi HD is not even close to Monsters HD

I think I saw the same ozone alien - I could have done the CGI better by myself - quite horrible

I am give Sci-Fi HD credit for making the transition from SD to HD better than almost all of the other National Channels.

I like not having to un-stretch stretch-o-vision and I like only seeing the HD symbol when we are being presented with true HD (even if it is a cheap CGI Ozone Alien).

Sci-Fi HD is not even close to Monsters HD

I think I saw the same ozone alien - I could have done the CGI better by myself - quite horrible

I am give Sci-Fi HD credit for making the transition from SD to HD better than almost all of the other National Channels.

I like not having to un-stretch stretch-o-vision and I like only seeing the HD symbol when we are being presented with true HD (even if it is a cheap CGI Ozone Alien).

I caught this made for Sci Fi movie called heat stroke...It was horrible

They just need more HD content, which will be easy for Sci-Fi since they tent to by cheap horror/sci-fi movie content through independent film festivals (re-released as a Sci-Fi Original) and Loins Gate.

I really love that stuff. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. :D Rock Monster and Pteradactyl were just great. SS Doomtrooper and Grendel were good too.

This weekend is "Another Hole in the Head" film festival in San Francisco - SF Indie Presents: "Another Hole in the Head" SF Horror Film Festival

This is one of many film festivals where Lions Gate and Sci-Fi Channel (and others) send scouts to buy movies.

They will be showing some of the cheapest digital amateur horror movies out there. There are also little gems like "Dead Meat", "Evil Aliens" and "The Decent"; usually one or two per festival.

I'm sure several of the movies playing this weekend will appear in Lions Gate's 8 Films to Die For.

A bunch will be bought by Sci-Fi Channel, mastered in HD 5.1 DD, aired as Sci-Fi Originals, then released to DVD.

Most, the real trash, will never get picked by a distributor. Trust me, you don't want to watch those films - ugh.

Film Festivals are one of Sci-Fi Channel's major content sources.

This weekend is "Another Hole in the Head" film festival in San Francisco - SF Indie Presents: "Another Hole in the Head" SF Horror Film Festival

This is one of many film festivals where Lions Gate and Sci-Fi Channel (and others) send scouts to buy movies.

They will be showing some of the cheapest digital amateur horror movies out there. There are also little gems like "Dead Meat", "Evil Aliens" and "The Decent"; usually one or two per festival.

I'm sure several of the movies playing this weekend will appear in Lions Gate's 8 Films to Die For.

A bunch will be bought by Sci-Fi Channel, mastered in HD 5.1 DD, aired as Sci-Fi Originals, then released to DVD.

Most, the real trash, will never get picked by a distributor. Trust me, you don't want to watch those films - ugh.

Film Festivals are one of Sci-Fi Channel's major content sources.

I liked the Decent.

None, and from what I am hearing VOOM does not want to be back on Dish eaither...

As I said before it best for Rainbow Media now to break up VOOM and offer cable and satellite companies individual channels such as Monsters and Kung Fu.

OK so what are the chances of this-Rave,Monsters,Equator, the new movie channel and some others showing back up-bottom line is these channels have programming NOBODY else has in HD-we want it back

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts