Monsters HD online petition

I hope it works out, Many people have slams the Voom channels but IMO their true HD content have not been replaced. Their replacements(according to dish) are not up to par. I am not complaining about the addition just about the subtractions. I love the 22 additions but Bummed about at least 5 of the Subtractions. Before the voom bashers show up again, remember it is a matter of viewing taste. Just because you would rather watch a mainstrem upconvert, do not mean I would. You can watch yours and I will watch mine, no bashing or removals, a simple request.... you would think.

I wouldn't worry about the Voom bashers. Since the day Voom became a DBS service they were hated. Mostly by people who had D* and never tried their service. I never really understood it but that is the way it is.

I hope it works out, Many people have slams the Voom channels but IMO their true HD content have not been replaced. Their replacements(according to dish) are not up to par. I am not complaining about the addition just about the subtractions. I love the 22 additions but Bummed about at least 5 of the Subtractions. Before the voom bashers show up again, remember it is a matter of viewing taste. Just because you would rather watch a mainstrem upconvert, do not mean I would. You can watch yours and I will watch mine, no bashing or removals, a simple request.... you would think.

This also contradicts what Charlie said when DirecTV rolled out their new HD channels. "Why give more HD channels with little to no HD content that people aren't going to watch anyway." He said that, then turned around and took the unique HDs and replaced them with those channels he already admitted were channels people would not watch.

I wouldn't worry about the Voom bashers. Since the day Voom became a DBS service they were hated. Mostly by people who had D* and never tried their service. I never really understood it but that is the way it is.

I missed voom by a week. I tried to sign up when they were a sat company then they shut down. When I heard dish got them I became a dish sub...

They were truely unique. Dish, now, just blends in with the rest of them. Oh yes they have great dvrs..but who cares if theres very little in great HD..

24hrs of true hd....WE DONT HAVE THAT ANYMORE!!!

There's a company line being put forth here, so what other answer would you expect?
Dish makes mistake, down plays error, restates at Team Summit, gets repeated by the very respectful and thankful guests that attended. Reality 24/7 unique to the market programming gone. Ultimate channels people paid extra for replaced with far from equal quality channels and the users are charged the same for less channels and less HD. But for some unique technology DVR etc Dish fades into the pack.

There's a company line being put forth here, so what other answer would you expect?
Dish makes mistake, down plays error, restates at Team Summit, gets repeated the very respectful and thankful guests that attended. Reality 24/7 unique to the market programming gone. Ultimate channels people paid extra for replaced with far from equal quality channels and the users are charged to the same for less channels and less HD. But for some unique technology DVR etc Dish fades into the pack.

Exactly. I talked with a CSR today and she personally stated that she has been swamped with calls since this has happened. She hopes things get changed quickly.

Any updates on this front?? Any closer to a Voom comeback on dish? Man I really miss Monsters Hd! Uncut and interuption free is something many take for granted. Chiller is good but even in HD it would not compare. I would really be hurting if not for the Spurs in the Playoffs.

Any updates on this front?? Any closer to a Voom comeback on dish? Man I really miss Monsters Hd! Uncut and interuption free is something many take for granted. Chiller is good but even in HD it would not compare. I would really be hurting if not for the Spurs in the Playoffs.

Haven't heard anything from Charlie yet. I warned him about the consequences of his actions.:)

I havent seen anything from Scott either so I guess there is no news. I just hope they are in talks trying to work something out. To be honest I would love a Yes or No answer from Dish now so I can stop visiting the forums all day hoping for info, I am supposed to work lol.

According to Scott's podcast of last night, he said the rumor was it was Voom who insisted Charlie take down "the final five". They insisted "all or nothing". So, I would not count on it until Voom takes a good look inward and decides to re-tool itself.

According to Scott's podcast of last night, he said the rumor was it was Voom who insisted Charlie take down "the final five". They insisted "all or nothing". So, I would not count on it until Voom takes a good look inward and decides to re-tool itself.

Here is my confusion, Dish owns like 20% of Voom right? So cant Charlie say 5 is what we want and thats it. Ok even if thats not possible wouldnt it make sense to keep the channels to continue to try to make money off of them. Or even how about keep the channels up while you work something out with Voom?

I am probably put too much thought into this but I am just trying to tell myself there is a chance we will get it back.

Here is my confusion, Dish owns like 20% of Voom right? So cant Charlie say 5 is what we want and thats it. Ok even if thats not possible wouldnt it make sense to keep the channels to continue to try to make money off of them. Or even how about keep the channels up while you work something out with Voom?

I am probably put too much thought into this but I am just trying to tell myself there is a chance we will get it back.

No he can't just say that. Someone else owns the other 80%.

Yes if the channels make money it would help DISH financially----but it is unlikely that they would ever make enough to reimburse DISH for what they pay.

Ther isa chance you will get it back. It has happened before. I originally though t that ws there this is going too. I am les sure now but i have no inside info.

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I am still mad at Voom because wouldnt they think 5 channels is better than none, or atleast try to work out a deal where they can have say 8 channels like meet in the middle.

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I am still mad at Voom because wouldnt they think 5 channels is better than none, or atleast try to work out a deal where they can have say 8 channels like meet in the middle.
No legal background, but I firmly believe Voom has a stronger position in court since they didnt capitulate to the 5 channel offer. Its a suite of 15 channels, and i think it opens a can of worms had they said yes to 5...mighta been an indication they were agreeing to be placed in the ultimate tier, which they are not agreeable to. we shall see...