Monsters HD online petition

Over 1500 signed so far, not bad. I know someone will come on and say it means nothing, but all factors considered not bad at all. As time goes on the propects for a voom to return get gloomy. Voom is in a corner right now, hopefully the will work something out and return with a smaller but better line up that will let both sides feel comfortable. I miss Monster Hd even more after a preview of what coming up. Both sides need to consider the customer rather than who has a bigger stick.

Well, since it seems like Voom is permanently gone from E*, my days are over with E*. I had D* out last week to do the install after downgrading to HD-only on E*, the time has come to completely cancel...The D* DVR isn't the greatest (people were correct), but at least I will sleep better at night knowing my money is no longer going to Charlie and his LawsuitStar Network.

"Good riddance to extremely bad rubbish."

-Aunt Sylvia, Creepshow

It has been very quiet after the takedown. Has anyone heard anything? Both sides have been pretty much buisiness as usual, which is wierd especially from Voom who lost subs to this action. The spin machine is usually on high for this type of event. I hope this is a sign they are working a deal and do not want a negative spin from the other side to throw a monkey wrench in the operation.

Both sides have been pretty much buisiness as usual, which is wierd especially from Voom who lost subs to this action. The spin machine is usually on high for this type of event.

I'm not surprised. In the months leading up to this it was becoming very apparent that Voom was being run by an apathetic group of people. They were dragging their feet on programming, and they seem to continue to drag their feet in trying to spin this whole E* debacle. It really seems like Voom just doesn't care at all.

I'm not surprised. In the months leading up to this it was becoming very apparent that Voom was being run by an apathetic group of people. They were dragging their feet on programming, and they seem to continue to drag their feet in trying to spin this whole E* debacle. It really seems like Voom just doesn't care at all.

No,

E* and Voom were threatening each other many months ago.

Before that, Voom was releasing new content and rotating movies pretty well.

I'm sure Voom going repeat for the last 6 months had more to do with E* telling Voom they were going to drop them to a lower tier. Voom may have retaliated with "less effort" in the programing department, then slapped E* with a lawsuit. Voom increased programing right after the temp injunction was rejected.

It would seem to me, that Voom as more to lose than Dish. Dish may lose some subs due to this move, BUt Voom lost and will lose all larger number if this is not resolved. I believe Voom n eeds Dish more than dish needs Voom. I was angry at dish at the beginning of this , but now it seems that voom is making no effort to at least meet halfway. Dish attempted to leave 5 channels on its system, but was rejected by Voom(I believe). I know alot of us are grandfathered at the old 20.00 for all Hd rate and would still be getting Voom without having to go up a tier to recieve them. Only new Subs would have to choose whether to get the Voom tier. Let them choose, then eveyone is happy. Meanwhile Dish has an edge with its programming options. The hd offering will be equal in the future and any edge they can get will help them retain and even gain subs. Seem like basic business 101 to me.

It makes you wonder if either side really cares about smart business because it has been pretty quiet on this and I dont know if its good or bad. I just wish we could get some kind of answer if they are trying to work something out or no.

It makes you wonder if either side really cares about smart business because it has been pretty quiet on this and I dont know if its good or bad. I just wish we could get some kind of answer if they are trying to work something out or no.

Maybe quiet before the storm? Trying to find a silver lining with this whole mess.

Dish leader in HD- how depressing!

Maybe quiet before the storm? Trying to find a silver lining with this whole mess.

Dish leader in HD- how depressing!
The future month listing is very interesting. Sad because I never got "The Burning".:(
Voom needs to do something more or all is lost.

Chiller is a poor replacement, but I did see a commercial on the channel that claiming they will be HD before Halloween time.

Well, since it seems like Voom is permanently gone from E*, my days are over with E*. I had D* out last week to do the install after downgrading to HD-only on E*, the time has come to completely cancel...The D* DVR isn't the greatest (people were correct), but at least I will sleep better at night knowing my money is no longer going to Charlie and his LawsuitStar Network.

"Good riddance to extremely bad rubbish."

-Aunt Sylvia, Creepshow

Your right on all accounts! Dish should be punished and that is exactly what your are doing!

Yes, direc tv not as good-but at this point why support a company (dish)
that could care less about their customers.

I hope dish hemmorages customers over this.

Well done!

Im next.

It would seem to me, that Voom as more to lose than Dish. Dish may lose some subs due to this move, BUt Voom lost and will lose all larger number if this is not resolved. I believe Voom n eeds Dish more than dish needs Voom. I was angry at dish at the beginning of this , but now it seems that voom is making no effort to at least meet halfway. Dish attempted to leave 5 channels on its system, but was rejected by Voom(I believe). I know alot of us are grandfathered at the old 20.00 for all Hd rate and would still be getting Voom without having to go up a tier to recieve them. Only new Subs would have to choose whether to get the Voom tier. Let them choose, then eveyone is happy. Meanwhile Dish has an edge with its programming options. The hd offering will be equal in the future and any edge they can get will help them retain and even gain subs. Seem like basic business 101 to me.

I would dish lost their edge beause of this. They had an edge over direc tv. Now with a lineup that mirrors direc tv why should anyone choose dish?

A better dvr? that dosn't cut it.

They are way behind now.

Plus they have alienating allot of loyal customers.

Bad move

Charlie did this pretty slick.

Dish won't loose much. Voom with probably go bankrupt (we'll see what cablevision does with them next month) so no one will have Voom.

Voom must do some fancy foot work to survive.

Charlie got what he wanted though - Voom's satellite!

If Chiller was smart they would have the HD version of their channel unedited and commercial free and then SD chiller could have the commercials, I know this would never happen but it would help out a little. I saw Universal HD has commercials but the movies are HD and unedited.

If Chiller was smart they would have the HD version of their channel unedited and commercial free and then SD chiller could have the commercials, I know this would never happen but it would help out a little. I saw Universal HD has commercials but the movies are HD and unedited.

Universal is schizophrenic, in the recent past, they have been all over the place...Commercials, no commercials, edited, non-edited.

Universal used to be one of my favorite channels, but commercials are a huge issue for me.

MGM does it right...No commercials during the movie, 5-15 minutes before/after movies. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)