Monsters HD online petition

HDnet Movies is nice as well. The commercials do suck but if its HD and un-edited that is a plus. I recently saw full metal jacket on Universal and they showed everying but yes there were some commercials.

MGM is not 5.1 like Monsters was. I'm not sure what is up with that. They do have a selection of horror I've been recording, but I've seen them all on Monsters HD in 5.1 already.

Mom is on now which is new HD, but still 2.0. All day today seems to be horror day on MGM.

What Horror channels are left anyway?

1) Chiller
2) Sci-Fi
3) FearNet (Comcast on Demand - free online movies too)
4) Monsters HD (Cablevision)

Are there any others out there?

I heard that another station called the "Scream channel" is being worked on.
I don't know if it will happen or not.

MGM is not 5.1 like Monsters was. I'm not sure what is up with that. They do have a selection of horror I've been recording, but I've seen them all on Monsters HD in 5.1 already.

Mom is on now which is new HD, but still 2.0. All day today seems to be horror day on MGM.

Killer Klowns was on MGM today, that was a nice surprise.

HDnet Movies is nice as well. The commercials do suck but if its HD and un-edited that is a plus. I recently saw full metal jacket on Universal and they showed everying but yes there were some commercials.

HDNMV is commercial-free.

Maybe Mark Cuban will buy Voom? :D

I heard that another station called the "Scream channel" is being worked on.
I don't know if it will happen or not.

Dont get to excited about scream. I have it through Starchoice. Its Canada's version of chiller.

Its all standard def loaded with commercials.

We dont need two chiller channels.

I WANT MONSTER BACK!!!

HDNMV is commercial-free.

Maybe Mark Cuban will buy Voom? :D
A HDNet/VOOM business relationship has been mentioned several times in the past. While a business relationship may be mutually beneficial, I doubt anything will happen due to the rift between Dolan and Cuban. In retrospect, VOOM's 15-year affiliate agreement with E* may have led to their being unable to sell the VOOM channels to others a la carte or is smaller quantities. Rainbow Media was successful at selling WE, AMC, IEF and Fuse so I couldn't understand why they couldn't find takers for their more popular channels like Monsters, Equator or Rave.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/253700-post4.html

Yes - and they are all 2.0 and MONO

Pretty picture and crappy sound - sorry, it ain't no Monster HD or even close

In fairness, MGM simply leaves the original audio unchanged. Monsters basically did exactly what your audio receiver would do while processing it. If you noticed, the 5.1 never actually had true surround effects in movies that weren't recorded in it.

In fairness, MGM simply leaves the original audio unchanged. Monsters basically did exactly what your audio receiver would do while processing it. If you noticed, the 5.1 never actually had true surround effects in movies that weren't recorded in it.

No - Monsters HD remastered many films in 5.1.

I recorded all the horror movies from MGM this week. The only active speaker is CENTER. I have a kick ass Sony 7.1 receiver and it does not process the MGM mono tracks into Monsters HD 5.1 like sound.

Frankenstein on Monsters HD was clearly 5.1 MONO

Night of the Comet was remastered into 5.1 on Monsters HD and ALL speakers were very active. Obviously it was just a 2.0 MONO remix into 5.1, but it was nicely done.

Night of the Comet on MGM is in 2.0 MONO with only my center speaker active.

Most of the horror/sci-fi on MGM is garbage. Last night I sat through as much "Neanderthal Man" as I could stomach before switching to Lord Stanley. Do not think I have watched a MGM movie in its entirety, yet.

My free HD for 6 months expires on June 17th. My calendar is set to drop HD ultimate on that date. At least Dish knows when I am going to drop service. Had I known when Dish was going to drop VOOM, I would not have signed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)