More 61.5 HD Migrations Coming...

PM a DIRT member. You need someone else to get their A out there. You are depending on 1 guy that just didn't take the time to figure anything out. He is WRONG in that if you have line of sight at 125 then that is NO PROBLEM. Get it done you are not getting the correct info. Also you may have to pay some $$ for the trench but it will be worth it.

I agree, one guy shouldn't decide my fate if I can get Dish or not. I sent Ray a PM to see if we can get something to happen. I'm already disappointed I missed a show tonight! What's odd is I only got a email and one post card from dish probably a week ago telling me I'm trouble, they should have given us a little more time to get our butts in gear! I called the number on the post card this afternoon and got a hold of a un-informed CSR, so hopefully the team here can help me out! This forum is a life saver. How did Dish keep customers before Satellite guys?

I used to have a separate dish pointed to 61.5 a couple years ago to get all my HD shcnnels, but they took my dish down and gave me 129 with the new Turbo HD dish. Are you saying I need to get 61.5 back? I also have 110 and 119.
Nope. You have a full western arc setup (110/119/129) so you don't need to make any changes.

I have the same situtation. I have 110/119/61.5. A tech told me that I can see 72 but not 77 and that their is nothing that can done for me because 77 is required and if he just repointed the 61.5 to 72 I would still have a mixed arc. He told me to go with D*.

Plan to call D* later tonight.

I have been very happy with E* and hate to leave. However, the Whole House DVR is very tempting.

I have been told that if/when I cancel it should be just before my "next month" starts because E* will not prorate a refund. And of course there is the $15 fee to return my receivers.
Technically, even if you had just 61.5 and 72, you should still be fine because there's nothing on 77 except some HD locals in the Ohio River Valley area. But if you want to switch to D*, then all I can say is good luck to you.

I have the same situtation. I have 110/119/61.5. A tech told me that I can see 72 but not 77 and that their is nothing that can done for me because 77 is required and if he just repointed the 61.5 to 72 I would still have a mixed arc. He told me to go with D*.

I have been very happy with E* and hate to leave. However, the Whole House DVR is very tempting.

I have been told that if/when I cancel it should be just before my "next month" starts because E* will not prorate a refund. And of course there is the $15 fee to return my receivers.

He is WRONG. You only need 77 if you locals come off of it.

I too am in this boat. Called the CSR on Wednesday night, she had no clue what was going on but said they would send someone out on Friday. I read this thread yesterday and figured by the time the tech arrived on Friday, all would be good.

Well, . . . tech just arrived, said he had no clue what to do (nothing was on the work order). Said the work order originally showed this was to be a paid service call. I showed him this thread, and he thinks he knows what to do. I am currently at 61.5, and 110/119.

So much for thinking Dish communicates with their teams to let them know what is going on and what they need to perform for service. I should not be the one to explain to them what they need to do. And, I'll be VERY upset if I end up having to pay for this - when DISH moves the channels.

Maybe I should have 'pinged' the DIRT team just to be sure. Oh well, . . .

brentp said:
I too am in this boat. Called the CSR on Wednesday night, she had no clue what was going on but said they would send someone out on Friday. I read this thread yesterday and figured by the time the tech arrived on Friday, all would be good.

Well, . . . tech just arrived, said he had no clue what to do (nothing was on the work order). Said the work order originally showed this was to be a paid service call. I showed him this thread, and he thinks he knows what to do. I am currently at 61.5, and 110/119.

So much for thinking Dish communicates with their teams to let them know what is going on and what they need to perform for service. I should not be the one to explain to them what they need to do. And, I'll be VERY upset if I end up having to pay for this - when DISH moves the channels.

Yeah don't you just love that!

We get work orders that say : existing, service call,
And the notes on the account say absolutely nothing as to what the problem is.

PM'd MattG of the DIRT Team yesterday and he set up a service call for upgrade Sunday AM....hopefully the they will know why...I'll report.

That's sad, because all you need is to add 72.7. In my case it took an additional 500 because of LOS, but I think you can use one dish for 61.5 and 72.7. With 4 satellites you may need a switch upgrade.

Just to give the update - all is good.

The Tech was great (direct Dish employee/tech). After we talked initially, he went outside and called Dish support himself as well has his supervisor - got them to cancel the original order and create a new one correctly for a migration. He installed a new single dish for the Eastern Arc. He also undid the rats nest of cabling & switches I acquired over the years outdoors and ran a new direct bury cable (old ones were standard cables in conduit, . . . with one at least 15+ yrs old). Job well done in the end! :)

I don't know if they will, might be used as backup in case of satellite failure like happened last year.

The 8 TPs at 72.7 W that Dish isn't using were ones that were being used by DirecTV for some locals. DirecTV was to move these locals off the TPs in the 2011 - 2012 timeframe and then they would be transferred over to Dish via Telesat Canada on their Nimiq 5 satellite located at 72.7 W. I would think that if Dish had use of them, the "List" would show unavailable channels even if Dish were using the TPs as emergency backup.

Obviously one reason Dish is migrating HD channels from 61.5 W to 72.7 W is to "encourage" subscribers to have single arc setups. Another reason Dish might be doing this is to free up TPs at 61.5 W for the spotbeams on E-16 which is suppose to be launched in the early part 2012. It will be interesting what Dish does with the E-12 satellite. Will it stay at 61.5 W and still be used for spotbeams on a limited basis in combination with the E-16 spotbeams or will it be moved to another DBS slot. Dish's FCC filing for the E-16 satellite might give us clues into Dish's plans.

I called Dish tech support to find out what needed to happen to correct the situation (about a dozen HD channels are now only in the 4000's, without showing next to the SD version in the program guide). The tech I spoke to, eventually asked someone else and told me that that is just how it would be now. Ughh. I asked about switching from two dishes on the roof to one, and she didn't know what I was talking about.

Right now some of the HD channels are carried on both 61.5 and 72. Sometimes I get the one on 61.5 on 1 receiver and the 72 on my other receiver.

I called Dish tech support to find out what needed to happen to correct the situation (about a dozen HD channels are now only in the 4000's, without showing next to the SD version in the program guide). /QUOTE]

I see those channels paired with the SD versions in the triple digit placements. It's like the HD channels in the 9000's. They appear next to the SD versions only in the triple digits.

I called Dish tech support to find out what needed to happen to correct the situation (about a dozen HD channels are now only in the 4000's, without showing next to the SD version in the program guide). /QUOTE]

I see those channels paired with the SD versions in the triple digit placements. It's like the HD channels in the 9000's. They appear next to the SD versions only in the triple digits.

That's how its always been in the past, but now they only show in the 4000's. It affects about a dozen channels. Ex., CNN SD still shows in guide at 200, but no HD is paired with it. CNN HD is no longer in the 9000's either, only 4000's. Not a huge deal, just a big inconvenience. I have a few scheduled shows on my DVR on affected channels, now I will have to reset these recordings for the new channels. When I first stumbled onto this thread, I was excited that perhaps I would be able to get rid of one the dishes on my roof. We'll see I guess...

I called Dish tech support to find out what needed to happen to correct the situation (about a dozen HD channels are now only in the 4000's, without showing next to the SD version in the program guide). The tech I spoke to, eventually asked someone else and told me that that is just how it would be now. Ughh. I asked about switching from two dishes on the roof to one, and she didn't know what I was talking about.
If you do not mind sending me a PM with your account# or phone#, I will be happy to look at your account and see what we can do to get your satellites corrected so you are no longer effected by the programming moves. Thank you!

That's how its always been in the past, but now they only show in the 4000's. It affects about a dozen channels. Ex., CNN SD still shows in guide at 200, but no HD is paired with it. CNN HD is no longer in the 9000's either, only 4000's. Not a huge deal, just a big inconvenience. I have a few scheduled shows on my DVR on affected channels, now I will have to reset these recordings for the new channels. When I first stumbled onto this thread, I was excited that perhaps I would be able to get rid of one the dishes on my roof. We'll see I guess...
I'd do a clear the matrix ck switch (no sat input hooked up) then hook the sat inputs back up and do another ck switch and see what shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts