More Channel Moves (and a few Channel RUMORS.)

Hello,

As of this morning (Wed 03/02/2011) IFC is no longer available to me. I have the Welcome Pack tier. We'll see if it returns this afternoon. It still shows in the guide but is now red.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA
It was removed from Free Preview yesterday.
131 - IFC [MPEG2 SD] - EchoStar14 119W TP 06 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (Independent Film Channel)
131 - IFC [MPEG4 SD] - Nimiq5 72.7W TP 15 ConUS beam removed from free preview (A) (Independent Film Channel)

Hello,

As of this morning (Wed 03/02/2011) IFC is no longer available to me. I have the Welcome Pack tier. We'll see if it returns this afternoon. It still shows in the guide but is now red.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

It's not part of your pack. As mentioned it was free for awhile for you only.

It's not part of your pack. As mentioned it was free for awhile for you only.

Thanks for the heads up on IFC. It's been in preview mode for awhile for me. As long as I can remember anyway. I watched it maybe twice so I won't miss the channel.

Gary Dunn
Lind, WA

Do you know if local networks will move?? Why is dish doing all this changes so now SAT61.5 will have more channels than 72!! That sucks !! Will they continue next week moving channels around ?

Leo

I have WA including 129 but also 61.5 on a DPP44. I'm worried that shortly those that the DPP44 selected from 61.5 will disappear. Many of the HD channels come from 61.5 (info twice) but it can vary by set-top box even on the one switch.

My choices seem to be to remove it from the switch and rescan or hope the overnight reset finds the correct ones or just force a rescan when some disappear. This includes many that are in the Platinum package.

I guess I should remove 61.5 when my recordings stop 3 or 3:30am MST and sometime later repoint the dish to 72.7 to keep some redundancy or to check the signal levels or maybe not do anything unless the switch is not rescanned.

Now to check up on the 2 LIN channels. Well, I don't need the Fox until Simpsons or House, so I have time to set OTA.
-Ken

If I understand your concern, this may be an answer.
I have the EA minus 77, and in the place of 77 have the 119/110 dish.

When the EA had the HD PPV channels replaced for awhile (Ch 502 to about 514 or so) because of the failure of a satellite, I was still getting them and could not understand why. Anyway, I finally figured out it was because I was now getting them from the 119/110 Dish. Must have scanned them in at night when the reset happens.

In addition, the two times this winter the wet snow accumulated on the EA dish (because of the steeper pitch) I received the programming from the WA if it was on 119/110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)