More Crappy DTV SD Football

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You have a SD receiver connected to a HDTV. Why not call and upgrade to the H20? If you've been with DirecTV for awhile they might upgrade you for free, or for a low cost. Then you can watch the game in HD which has a beautiful picture!

You have a SD receiver connected to a HDTV. Why not call and upgrade to the H20? If you've been with DirecTV for awhile they might upgrade you for free, or for a low cost. Then you can watch the game in HD which has a beautiful picture!

No thank you! I will not make the 2 year commitment to D*. I'm waiting for the AT&T U-verse service.

I can't watch it because I can't stand the poor audio which is Bryant Gumble and his sissy fag voice.

No thank you! I will not make the 2 year commitment to D*. I'm waiting for the AT&T U-verse service.

Not only that in years gone by you bought the equipment and owned it now you pay $ to lease. 2 year contract-sounds like the cell phone companies-, Go with ATT if you can get it. 10 years from now Satellite service will be for people way out because cable has one goal to wipe out satellite, broadband has the same intention and as Murdoch said:

Bloomberg reports that Rupert Murdoch may sell his 38% stake in DirecTV to Liberty Media in exchange for Liberty Media's 16% stake in News Corp. Meanwhile Variety reports that Murdoch called the unit "a turd bird"

Satellite is like beer it's only a lease--and the end result is the same

Hi Y'all,

Last week I sent a letter to the NFL Network complaining about the poor picture quality of the NFL SD broadcast on channel 212 on D*.

This evening I got a call from a very nice gentlemen responding to my letter. I explained, in detail, the situation about the very poor picture quality of the SD broadcast of the NFL games on D*. We talked about a lot of things that are going on with the Satellite TV business. We talked about how D* is compressing the signals to squeeze more channels through the pipeline and etc.

At the end of our conversation he said he would look into the situation and see if anything could be done about the compression problem. I don’t think there is anything that the NFL can do about the problem because most if not all of the problems are with D*.

So you can look forward to more crappy SD NFL on D*. DirecTV and the NFL network will not be getting any of my money until they deliver a quality product.

Last edited:
Not only that in years gone by you bought the equipment and owned it now you pay $ to lease. 2 year contract-sounds like the cell phone companies-, Go with ATT if you can get it. 10 years from now Satellite service will be for people way out because cable has one goal to wipe out satellite, broadband has the same intention and as Murdoch said:

Bloomberg reports that Rupert Murdoch may sell his 38% stake in DirecTV to Liberty Media in exchange for Liberty Media's 16% stake in News Corp. Meanwhile Variety reports that Murdoch called the unit "a turd bird"

Satellite is like beer it's only a lease--and the end result is the same

Do you have anything to back up your statement that cable will be all there is ?

Sat is not going anywhere, originally it served the entire country,perticularly where cable REFUSES to service.
Cable is way too expensive for my taste.
Foe me to get HD package with a HD DVR.. let see just the HD DVR is 17 p/m + the programming package wich is another 12 p/m so to enjoy the same type of set up I curently have would cost me an $ 29 , thru D* it cost me $ 5 for the lease and 5 for the DVR funtion, that saves me $ 19 a month, and thats without seeing how much programming is.
Lookinmg at the local cable system here , the same programming I have now thru D* would cost me $95 p/m what I currently pay D* is $60

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)