More Good News from VOOM

VoOm Guide

Hmm....I guess that I must have been the only one who saw that particular VoOm guide message. I'm glad I posted it here or you guys would think I was making it up :D

subdude212 said:
I thought I was seeing things. Check out this message I had on my Voom guide tonight. Charles Dolan is OK by me...

attachment.php

:D

He's like 73, and hilarious.

I wonder if Charlie and Tom saw this. I do hope that someday we can have various VOOM Executives join in an appointed chat room discussion. I mean not just the main guys but tech guys, production, sales, etc. Anybody agree with me?

generally from my expirience in forums its more often to find a seasoned techie or it exec on forums, i dont think you'll ever see charlie. I have often found the most knowledgable people that may not claim to work for a company may in fact work for them.

That was way, way, way too funny.

I'm sure that many who work at the sat companies visit this forum regularly (it makes good business sense). If the top executives don't visit themselves, I'm sure they'll hear about that "Kiss My Ass" post from underlings.

That is definately one of the best posts EVER on this forum.

Surely you do realize that the image is the result of some excellent photoshopping by subdude. If you look at the picture closely, you can see that the message is a "fake" that was added to the Voom background (notice how the text is significantly sharper at the edges than the other Voom background).

Subdude must be a graphic designer (and a good one at that!)

Great post. If everyone was in on the joke, then I feel like an idiot and will slink away. If not, I'm sorry to burst your bubble!

rvaidyan said:
Surely you do realize that the image is the result of some excellent photoshopping by subdude. If you look at the picture closely, you can see that the message is a "fake" that was added to the Voom background (notice how the text is significantly sharper at the edges than the other Voom background).

Subdude must be a graphic designer (and a good one at that!)

Great post. If everyone was in on the joke, then I feel like an idiot and will slink away. If not, I'm sorry to burst your bubble!

OK, have to comment that this was a funny moment in my time on satguys.

Creative talent, yes, but if the creator really wanted to fool people there is a little trick in Photoshop that would have prevented people from telling that this was a "simple" composite. It's under Filters/Texture/Grain which could have been applied to the insert text faces to add a similar grain as the VOOM page capture. Had he done that even the best photoshop gurus would have had a tough time proving this was a fake.

With regard to the legitimacy of the screen capture: besides the language used, the incorrect spelling of laughing should have been a bit of a clue, too.

Print the screen on a T shirt and I will buy one! Good fund raiser for Sat Guys.

ok if rainbow 1 is lost,which direction will the dish have to point for rainbow 2? i'm in the northeast and i point SE now. any other direction and i think i lose.

a new guy

ecstaging said:
ok if rainbow 1 is lost,which direction will the dish have to point for rainbow 2? i'm in the northeast and i point SE now. any other direction and i think i lose.

a new guy

About 8 degrees to the right of where it is pointed now and a couple of degrees higher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)