MORE guide issues, programs NOT recording.

les.warden

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 4, 2018
Central Illinois
I had a program that didn’t record tonight. MSNBC, 8:00-9:00PM Central time. We just had a big discussion about this very recording topic. Search for Lester Holt not recording as a reference.

Anyway, it didn’t record tonight (Tues), so I started looking when it WAS going to record. Looking for the red NEW word in the guide. The NEW showed up Fri.

Now Wed and Thu had New, but it was at the end of the description, not all caps, and not red. Just like the Lester Holt recording problem.

I started wondering if it was just the MSNBC station. Ok, I briefly thought conspiracy, but not really. . So I started looking at the news stations right around station 209, like CNBC, FOX News, etc.

Sure enough, those station’s guides looked messed up also. When I say messed up, I mean the was New listed at the end of the description, not highlighted red, and not at the beginning.

So, I recently upgraded (last week) the Hopper3 to the recent software version. Everything else seems to work ok, but I’m wondering if the upgrade screwed the guide up or if the guide is just FUBARd in itself.

Makes me wonder what other shows I’m missing recording!

Anyway to re-download the guide or any other suggestions?

As a side note, my contract runs out on 4/2020. I’ve been planning ahead and the combo of YouTubeTV/Netflix/Amazon Prime is getting REAL enticing.

Yesterday was really strange with all my MSNBC recordings. Chris Hayes and Last Word recorded twice, and this morning Morning Joe didn't record.

I just checked the schedule and it looks like things have been corrected.

Weird today, MSNBC shows didn't record today, except for Rachel. Looked at tomorrow, nothing scheduled. Had to go thru the guide and select each show to record, hope it actually does record tomorrow.

Interesting thing, in the guide when I press select, I get two options: record this and program info. CNN looked the same, most other channels gave me the usual slate of options.

DiSH, if your listening (HA!), I really don't like explaining to Mrs Volts why her shows don't record.

Hey guys! If you can contact our tech support teams we can look into what's going on with your recordings. Regarding the actual information in the Guide, we don't generate that content or have control over it, it comes from the broadcaster.

- Phoenix

Hey guys! If you can contact our tech support teams we can look into what's going on with your recordings. Regarding the actual information in the Guide, we don't generate that content or have control over it, it comes from the broadcaster.

- Phoenix

I appreciate your feedback but we’re all having the same issues..programs not recording and the guide may be the issue. And you want us to individually contact tech support, when we’re all having the same issues?

It would seem to me it’d be more expeditious for Dish to touch base with a couple broadcasters to see what’s up. Dish has WAY more clout than me.

After all, it may be a broadcaster issue but it’s making the Hopper3 look bad. It’s not a real helpful solution to “point over there”.

Follow up: Saw U544 software was available. I was on U543. The biggie for U543 was addition of Amazon Prime Video. Also read on other forums where some other “things” seemed strange with U543. Like remote 54.0 buttons not working like before.

Anyway, mines currently upgrading to U544. Maybe things will straighten out. We’ll see.

- Phoenix
Get the powers to be above you to get a new tv guide service.

Follow up: Saw U544 software was available. I was on U543. The biggie for U543 was addition of Amazon Prime Video. Also read on other forums where some other “things” seemed strange with U543. Like remote 54.0 buttons not working like before.

Anyway, mines currently upgrading to U544. Maybe things will straighten out. We’ll see.

After the upgrade, everything I typically do/use/record seems to be back to normal. Killed the separate recording timers and put back the ones relying on the NEW in the guide. So, working so far.

Also, Joey updated and seems A-OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts