More HD (subscription) coming?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I received an email notification from DBS Talk, the other day but forgot to post it here. I went back to find it on their site, but could not. So, I am cut and pasting what the email by Sixto said...

Rumor has it, from a DirecTV ad, we may see the following on 7/27/2011:
* HBO2HD West - Ch. 505
* 5Starmax HD East - Ch. 520
* WMax HD East - Ch. 521
* @Max HD East - Ch. 523

Edit...here's the link.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=174806&page=2

lets get the ball rolling on national HD too. geesh.........

Well, at least it is something, and they are FINALLY making good on that press release that they let out about FOUR years ago, promising all of the HBO/Cinemax channels in HD. After this DirecTV will lack only Outermax in having all of them. I can't really figure why they are adding HBO2 West with the penetration of DVR's in the marketplace.

Look at it in a positive way, when they're done adding all these Premium channels they could only add National HD channels. :) It may take some time but they'll come, eventually.

i bought this up the other day, directv will start pissing people off by adding only movie channels, for me its great but, i do understand most people aren't in mine situation and i really don't mind watching SD channels but my point is directv need to add a few non-movie-channels for the paying customer

There was no need to bother with sending that e-mail.

HBO Family West is only is SD. I wonder if it will be upgraded to HD on the 27th as well.

Honestly I have no problem with them adding more movie channels--it's a VERY welcome addition after years and years of a premium selection that frankly started to suck in comparison to what the cable companies and FIOS are doing.

I agree that new national HD channels are a priority, but you have to remember that from about 1997 (whenever they absorbed USSB) to late 2009ish, there was NO movement on the premium channel front on D* (except for adding Black Starz in 2002ish). 3 channels of Cinemax was completely pathetic.

I would LOVE to have AMCHD-- but aside from that, I'm very happy that they are finally making their premium selections competitive. At this point I would be completely happy with an all-HD package similar to E*'s that only includes the nationals they have in HD--then subscribe to all the premiums.

--Nat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)